Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I install Bluetooth on standard 2006 Mk6 fiesta.

Cal844

Hiya folks I'm a new member from Fife in Scotland.

I have a 2006 Fiesta 1.4 zetec climate 5 door, I'd like to fit a bluetooth module to the standard stereo unit (CD6000).

Can anyone give me a step by step guide to fitting bluetooth to my car please? Also a link to a module that works would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Kind regards 

Cal

Do you not use something called a "Parrot" ?  I'm seen them on Mk6s, but don't know what they can do, in terms of streaming and using the 'phone.

Thanks for the reply, I dont have a Parrot, they're too expensive for all It would be used for, I was more thinking for streaming music from Android or iPhones... My brother has a 2007 3 door Climate, so we would buy two of the kits to fit both cars. (Both have the CD6000 Head Unit)

The standard Ford/Nokia bluetooth module for the mk6 Fiesta and mk2 Focus doesn't support bluetooth music (only phone calls). You'll struggle to pick one up for under £50 too.

One option is an FM transmitter. Phone connects to your transmitter plugged into the cig lighter socket. Then tune your FM stereo into the frequency on the transmitter and it'll play music just like a radio station. Downside is the audio quality isn't very good.

Best bet is an aftermarket radio with bluetooth included. You can pick up a semi-decent Pioneer or sony touch screen for under £200. Makes the interior look a lot more modern too.

13 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

The standard Ford/Nokia bluetooth module for the mk6 Fiesta and mk2 Focus doesn't support bluetooth music (only phone calls). You'll struggle to pick one up for under £50 too.

One option is an FM transmitter. Phone connects to your transmitter plugged into the cig lighter socket. Then tune your FM stereo into the frequency on the transmitter and it'll play music just like a radio station. Downside is the audio quality isn't very good.

Best bet is an aftermarket radio with bluetooth included. You can pick up a semi-decent Pioneer or sony touch screen for under £200. Makes the interior look a lot more modern too.

I have a bluetooth to radio converter in my corsa c at the minute.  The fiesta has an aux connection in the glovebox, is it possible to get a module to plug into that? 

Thanks for the replies

Kind regards 

Cal

26 minutes ago, Cal844 said:

is it possible to get a module to plug into that?

Your phone? Hahaha

There is such thing as a bluetooth receiver. You have to charge them though so either remove it to charge it every now and then or run a permanent USB socket into the glovebox.

I've never used one so can't comment on how good they are. Guess at £12 it's worth a try.

4 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Your phone? Hahaha

There is such thing as a bluetooth receiver. You have to charge them though so either remove it to charge it every now and then or run a permanent USB socket into the glovebox.

I've never used one so can't comment on how good they are. Guess at £12 it's worth a try.

I assume I can hard wire a USB into the radio switched live, so its charging as I'm driving? Or are there any wired items you know of? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club