Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre Collision Alert (New Ford Focus)

CallMeSteven

I've read in this forum (after a search) about false alarms from the 'Pre Collision Alert' system. I have had three (false alerts) in the last month, two 'may' have been

due to close cars down double parked roads, but having a red screen appear flashing at me with beeps makes me jump every time!!

Whilst I appreciate the system maybe very good if there is an immediate sign of danger, false alarms are very annoying. 

I have set the sensitivity to 'Low' today (Kept Active Braking 'On').

Has anyone else done the same? If so, does it stop the false alerts? (Or is there any other solution, other than switching the alerts off?)

Many Thanks

• Like 1

its a standard feature... they all do it, motoring mags turn it off but u still get an audible warning that'll irritate

clearly Ford think they got the balance right (so it can react in time to miss whatever the engineer thought he was trying to) but motorists obviously drive towards things more enthusiastically then they realised.... 

three ideas spring to mind

1) quite likely they used a cheap radar that produces a beam suitable for the safety feature they wanted, but not good enough to differentiate common driving conditions

3) the idiots haven't tuned the beam correctly for RHD

3) its an unfixable restriction of nasty components (which I think seems likely or they should have sorted by now)

• Confused 1

I've set mine to low but still get the stupid alerts for no reason.

Wish I could disable it completely.

Unless you've got adaptive cruise it uses cameras behind windscreen that require accurate calibration and not radar. System can't be turned off ,you can only lower the the sensitivity to minimum. Lots of other posts on here.

Thanks...I did a search, before posting. I just was wondering if lowering the sensitivity reduces the false alerts ?

Worked for me. Set it to low , had it go off once since, for a cyclist cutting in front of me. Had the car since October 

• Like 1

Thanks Alex...that's what I wanted to know

• Like 1

Had my first alert last night after some dunce pulled out on me from a parking space without looking or indicating.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had radar adaptive cruise on last 2 cars for more than 7 years...

on the BM it was perfect.  The Merc is a joke continually freaking out over certain vans or the odd people carrier if I'm in a lane right of their's

yet the BM just said make sure the radar is pointing the right way..

the merc needs all 4 wheel geometry set by an expert, then the dealership has to borrow the one set up rig in the country go through some silly routine...  and its ***** ! so you get your torx driver out adjust the beam so its much further right and you can almost make it behave correctly

on VAG, some noddy bumps you in a car park (so you can't even see any damage) and the radar pops out of its bracket.  Looks square but the car knows its out, so turns it all off.  You pay a min of  £140 to get it recalibrated - but all you need to do is clip it back in again (with a very firm press on the corners) - when you read the forums it happens all the time

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club