Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CMax light projection

JimmyG23

Afternoon all, having just replaced a zafira with a lovely '61 plate CMax titanium, I have found that the light projection seems a bit short.

I've been assured by the dealer that the lights were correct as per MOT standards and thus legal, in the sense of the word.

My question is if anyone else has had this issue and found that the level can be raised or is it a case of using upgraded bulbs (I was thinking about trying some nighbreaker type ones)

Thanks in advance,

Jim

There are the usual headlamp adjuster on the units but to make sure they are set right they need to done with an optical gauge. Is the light level control set on the high position. Ive got night breakers in mine and whilst it's brighter I can't really tell if there is an improvement in the light throw, generally I find the light pretty good and i life in the country so lots of dark roads, I changed my bulbs because the originals get dimmer after time

Have you tried using the headlamp lifter R/H side low level,  next to the dash illuminator switch?

Also remember that ld bulbs loose their efficiency.

1 hour ago, Hostahousey said:

Have you tried using the headlamp lifter R/H side low level,  next to the dash illuminator switch?

i didn't mention the location of the light level control,as it's different in each model, mined next to the headlight switch it's a rotary control surrounding the fog light switch 

Thanks for the replies guys. The level control is on its highest setting that I can do as a user. I think I'll take it to my garage and ask if they can lift the level using the gauge to its highest legal limit so as to avoid too much glare for oncoming drivers.

I'll probably ly couple this with some decent bulbs and see how it goes 👍👍

whilst it's obviously unsafe to have them too high (dazzling on coming traffic), you could try adjusting them up a bit yourself . You need to be somewhere dark ideally facing a wall and a few car lengths away from the wall. headlamps on dip, you should see where the line of beam edge is. Adjust it up. Of course if you end up with the line on the wall being as high as the headlamps themselves you are probably getting too high, it should dip down not be horizontal. Be careful you don't go too far as too high could cause an accident.

Last year I had a hire car on holiday and the headlamps were so low they were horrendous. It had no adjuster in the car on the dash (Nissan Sentra). I adjusted them up as described above. Luckily I could move the adjusters with my fingers (very surprised), which was good as I had no tools at all (only what was in my washbag which would have been nail clippers and ear/nose hair scissors)

If you are changing the bulbs, do you remove the headlights like you do on mine? If so be warned it's not as simple as the handbook says, in theory you undo the two holding screws and pull the unit forward then lift out, in reality it's a very hard pull wiggle forward then an intricate wiggle and lift, in doing the connector is nigh on impossible but you ca n get away with out undoing it it, hope you have dexterity in your fingers because you will need it to get to the lamp connectors.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club