Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help With Clearcoat

jonj1611

So received my second hand bonnet which I bought online today and there was a sticker on it, just a normal label someone has put on there but when I took the label off it took a 3" square of clearcoat with it! I have spoke to the vendor and got a partial refund, no idea why they were using those types of stickers on paint but whats my options here, obviously respraying the whole bonnet isn't viable, any idea how to sort this?

I am guessing leaving it will just end up with laquer peeling eventually?

20200124_113512.jpg

20200124_120029.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at bottom. Pic is it literally the clearcoat or some old adhesive? 

Options depending on above can be wet sand, Compound and if adhesive even grafitti removal gel. 

• 4 weeks later...

Could try cleaning it with some soapy water and microfiber. If not could try machine or hand polishing it 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, didn't realise I had any replies to this, sanded it back a bit and resprayed the clearcoat, unfortunately the red underneath is not that red anymore but you cannot really notice it unless you are really looking so will do for me

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, jonj1611 said:

unfortunately the red underneath is not that red anymore but you cannot really notice it unless you are really looking so will do for me

It's left a 'ghost letter'.... Over time the suns UV rays will bleach the darkened area.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club