Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST3 Mk8 No Keyless entry activation passenger side

Poly

Hi Guy. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST3 from last week I have no keyless entry activation passenger side. Any ideas? Could that be battery issue? 

Thank you 

On 1/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, Poly said:

Hi Guy. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST3 from last week I have no keyless entry activation passenger side. Any ideas? Could that be battery issue? 

Thank you 

My 67 plate MK8 developed the same fault. 

First it was intermittent, now neither sensor on the passenger side handle works. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Chaps

I have the same issue. MK8 2019 ST3 - boot and drivers side keyless entry and lock works, passenger side neither keyless unlock or lock work... driving me mad, did anyone get a fix for this?

Thanks, look forward to hearing back from you

42 minutes ago, craiganeedham said:

Hi Chaps

I have the same issue. MK8 2019 ST3 - boot and drivers side keyless entry and lock works, passenger side neither keyless unlock or lock work... driving me mad, did anyone get a fix for this?

Thanks, look forward to hearing back from you

Mine started working again after a software update and a full overnight battery charge by the dealership.

Can't say for certain which fixed the issue but if I had to guess I would say the full battery charge did it as I've read that if the battery is low it can affect certain control systems weirdly.

The car battery has to be at least 80% charged for the door lock sensors to work if it falls below 80% only the drivers side works 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

The car battery has to be at least 80% charged for the door lock sensors to work if it falls below 80% only the drivers side works 

Brilliant Dave, thanks for the confirmation.  Now I have a new way to check how well my battery is doing and if it needs another run 😎

• Like 1

Mine started playing up passenger side about a month before “ change key fob battery “ popped up on dash. Replaced with new one all locks working fine again.

Morning chaps

Hope you are all well?

Very interesting on the battery comment below 80% - bought something to mind that i have been experiencing :

When in normal mode, and i'm sat at the traffic lights, i take my foot off of the clutch and it has not been auto shutting the engine off.....

Do any of you know if you can check the % charge of the battery from the dash?

3 hours ago, craiganeedham said:

Morning chaps

Hope you are all well?

Very interesting on the battery comment below 80% - bought something to mind that i have been experiencing :

When in normal mode, and i'm sat at the traffic lights, i take my foot off of the clutch and it has not been auto shutting the engine off.....

Do any of you know if you can check the % charge of the battery from the dash?

Hi Craig,  I'm almost certain there isn't a way on the dash to find out the charge held in the battery.  You can however get small devices that show you the charge (in volts) when plugged into the utility socket. They cost about a tenner from amazon.co.uk.  It's not quite the same as a nice readout in % though.

A quick and dirty way some of us have been checking is to use a multi meter after the car has been off for half an hour or so.  If it's below about 12.5v there is a case for charging it up / taking it out for a run.  Mine seems to hover between 12.2v and 12.6v.

The Stop/Start system not activating is a really common issue a lot of us are seeing as the battery starts to struggle in terms of available charge.  Although having said that, there seems to be quite a few variables at play that determine when the S/S kicks in on these MK8s.

Hi Gary

Thanks for coming back to me. Very useful information thanks, i will take a look, i've ordered a charger off of amazon today which allows me to see the battery charge as well as charge it, so i will go from there.

Thanks for the help chaps, this has been bugging me for a while.

Craig

• Like 1

Morning Everyone

Im pleased to report that the over night battery charge fixed everything.

Keyless entry and lock now work 100%, and Start/Stop now works.

Thank you all for your help, keep safe and have a great weekend

Craig

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craiganeedham said:

Morning Everyone

Im pleased to report that the over night battery charge fixed everything.

Keyless entry and lock now work 100%, and Start/Stop now works.

Thank you all for your help, keep safe and have a great weekend

Craig

Hi Craig, glad everything's working again. 

Stay safe 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Chaps

I'm afraid i'm back with you...

the passenger door and the auto start/stop have stopped working again.

I have checked the battery in the car and its still at 100%, i have also changed the battery in the fob.... still not working

any other ideas

thanks

Craig

UPDATE GUYS

Spoke to Ford technical - they had no idea and apparently not come across it before..... wanted my car for 1 week and would have to take it 200 miles to the dealership

Screw that....

looked at the below thread and tried the suggested sequence.... and BOOM, completely working again

keyless entry and start/stop working

hopefully it will stay that way

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, DaveG1975 said:

Thanks for that, I’ve been wondering why keyless no longer works on the passengers side, I thought perhaps water had been getting into it what with all the rain recently! Only been doing lots of short drives recently, Looks like I’ll need to go for a long drive this weekend!

Yes. It is that time of year. HFW, HRW, lights, wipers and cold oil all work the battery hard. The voltmeter in the lighter socket will only confuse as it doesn't know the charge level. A good charger, properly applied once a fortnight will help a lot.

4 minutes ago, anon said:

A good charger, properly applied once a fortnight will help a lot.

Agreed.

A good overnight charge every couple of weeks keeps everything working as it should. Just remember to connect the charger negative lead to the body main earth point and NOT the battery negative.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club