Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best selling cars in uk.

jace1969

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

What is the top spec with everything on like the Titanium in a fiesta and the same as the 125 ecoboost as i have lost touch of the range on the corsa for years.

I think it would be the "Ultimate" but you can only get that with (I think) no more than 100ps in a petrol or diesel. The best performer is the electric version  which I believe does O-60 in 7.5 secs or so but the top version of that is over £33,000 which is getting silly!

I think it would be the "Ultimate" but you can only get that with (I think) no more than 100ps in a petrol or diesel. The best performer is the electric version  which I believe does O-60 in 7.5 secs or so but the top version of that is over £33,000 which is getting silly!
So the 'ultimate' is the top spec with all the toys but only 100ps,I see when I looked they still don't put things on like electric rear windows or reverse camera like Ford do like mine being a Titanium which I find strange.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Maybe cos I'm old and the cars I first drove were rwd?  

My first car was fwd (Mini) followed by rwd (Cortina, then MG Midget), then seemed to bounce between the two over the years. Not really that bothered which end is driven provided it stays on the road (which a lot of the old stuff didn't!). A decent handling rwd is a satisfying thing to drive, though.

13 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

So the 'ultimate' is the top spec with all the toys but only 100ps,I see when I looked they still don't put things on like electric rear windows or reverse camera like Ford do like mine being a Titanium which I find strange.

I think you'd have to go through the price list in detail which could be a long job as each model variation also seems to have a "nav" and "nav premium" option as well. They haven't got an engine option at present that would interest me anyway!😀

I think you'd have to go through the price list in detail which could be a long job as each model variation also seems to have a "nav" and "nav premium" option as well. As they haven't got an engine option at present that would interest me anyway I can't be bothered![emoji3]
I went off the corsa as soon as I drove my old 1.6 tit which I then brought,just looking at garages when you walk around or say eBay you never see camera and rear electric windows and some other stuff.
Will they ever bring a new engine out like the EcoBoost or just keep changing the old one who knows.

Vauxhall have a bizarrely varied range of specs, and it used to be you could get several engines with the same PS, but some would be n/a, some turbo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Will they ever bring a new engine out like the EcoBoost or just keep changing the old one who knows.

The PSA petrol engine now in the Corsa is fairly new and, like the ecoboost, is a 3 cyl turbo (but of 1.2 litre capacity) but so far only available with 100ps. In other applications it goes up to 155ps but not seen any mention of the Corsa getting that version. They seem to be pushing electric as the "performance" option, perhaps unsurprisingly in view of the latest emissions limits. Most reports I have seen on the PSA triple have actually  been quite favourable.

Morrisons have got Hot Wheels cars at £1.50p each they are very good sellers 😅

OK I'll get me coat.......

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Morrisons have got Hot Wheels cars at £1.50p each they are very good sellers 😅

OK I'll get me coat.......

Interesting fact...the manufacturer that produces the largest amount of tyres worldwide is...Lego! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

I read somewhere once that the single biggest selling model of car in history is...

D0126CE6-3AA7-44F9-9993-44395E2DB704.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here you go this is what they want us to all have to save this so called planet.

Sinclair_C5_with_high_vis_mast.jpg

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Here you go this is what they want us to all have to save this so called planet.

Sinclair_C5_with_high_vis_mast.jpg

One of my mates owns 14 of these!! :laugh: 

That's actually a high spec one though, most of those things were optional extras!  Indicators, mirrors and cushion were all options there! 

I'd buy one off him to drive to Tesco etc (on cycle lanes!) if I had storage space.

One of my mates owns 14 of these!! [emoji23] 
That's actually a high spec one though, most of those things were optional extras!  Indicators, mirrors and cushion were all options there! 
I'd buy one off him to drive to Tesco etc (on cycle lanes!) if I had storage space.
It's what the world is coming to now,electric and no pollution.
I see that car sales are in a mess the worst for years,a lot ain't going to buy new with all the change going on a electric cars and change in car tax how it works now on new cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Where do you propose to put your shopping once you've been to Tesco? I don't see there being much boot space in one of those. 

Where do you propose to put your shopping once you've been to Tesco? I don't see there being much boot space in one of those. 
That's a good point,looks like hooking on a trailer.
Would make me laugh if like this will be the next future thing,added extras like indicators and stuff,we might even get a C5 estate or SUV so shopping space and space for kids ok and the wife.

how about a reliant robin with an electric motor and battery? solve the storage issue and trailer. lol 

edit, i was only joking about the electric robin, but just had a quick search in google and came up with this. lol

http://electricreliantrobin.blogspot.com/2014/04/third-times-charm.html?m=1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

Fortunately I'm single, on a low budget and don't eat much!! :laugh:

Could always strap the loo rolls to the side with a bungee cord! :biggrin:

Fortunately I'm single, on a low budget and don't eat much!! [emoji23]
Could always strap the loo rolls to the side with a bungee cord! [emoji3]

Lol we might have the return of the Robin as very light so electric would be good.
Best selling car the Robin Reliant Deluxe.
I have drove one of them and fast off the mark but weird to turn with one wheel.
What will the future bring when they can't sell petrol cars.

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Fortunately I'm single, on a low budget and don't eat much!! :laugh:

Could always strap the loo rolls to the side with a bungee cord! :biggrin:

That should give you some much needed crash protection - another thing it’s lacking from the factory!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

That should give you some much needed crash protection - another thing it’s lacking from the factory!

Oh absolutely...safety wasn't a huge concern...  Though tbf low end 80s car safety wasn't much further on!

On 1/27/2020 at 3:22 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've seen a lot of moans on BMW forums that the new 1 series looks like a Mk 4 Focus anyway - someone posted up photos of a side view and it really does, even down to the vestige of the "Hofmeister kink" .

So, I read this the other day and didn't really understand it...just assumed it was some sort of German fetish including the guy from baywatch... :unsure:

And then they mentioned it on Salvage Hunters last night when they bought a lovely 2002 Touring!  Apparently the first one to introduce this kink!  Can't believe I'd never even heard of it before!! 😮

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can't believe I'd never even heard of it before!! 😮

Maybe you're still just too young.....although after your stint on here as Herr Flick, I suspect you may know too much about German fetishes already! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club