Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt and water pump change cost?

n_hudson

I’m having issues trying to find a price for something as simple a Cambelt and water pump change on the phone... no one seems to be able to give a straight price, it’s always I’ll call you back with a price... Allen Ford northampton have been the worst to get hold of... let me connect you, let me reconnect you... oh that numbers changed... 

so has anyone recently had there’s done? 

Online, motor craft, it says £555

1.6 tdci mk3 manual

E7764428-875C-4F94-BFC0-2413BC0F2B44.png

that is ford price.  im sure small garage will be cheaper . im looking foreward to doi g same this year.  expecting about 350 to 400 pounds.   cheaper than ruined engine if it snaps.  

i know doing it yourself is not everyone's cup of tea but having done the belt on a 1.6tdci I can say that by modern standards it's one of the easier ones. A lot easier than say a focus 1.6 petrol twin cam 16 valve engine.

3 hours ago, n_hudson said:

I’m having issues trying to find a price for something as simple a Cambelt and water pump change on the phone... no one seems to be able to give a straight price, it’s always I’ll call you back with a price... Allen Ford northampton have been the worst to get hold of... let me connect you, let me reconnect you... oh that numbers changed... 

so has anyone recently had there’s done? 

Online, motor craft, it says £555

1.6 tdci mk3 manual

E7764428-875C-4F94-BFC0-2413BC0F2B44.png

I've got the same car and had cambelt and water pump done for £280 at a reputable independent two years ago 🙂

ooh  mines a 2.0 tdci twin cam so mine may be a dear one then mk3

Don’t know. 1.6tdci has a hole at back of flywheel to lock it to undo the crankshaft bolt and the pulleys have woodruff keys to keep them in place on crankshaft / camshafts.  1.6 petrol has none of those things to help.  Don’t know anything about the 2 litre diesel

On 2/24/2020 at 7:30 PM, michaelburrows said:

ooh  mines a 2.0 tdci twin cam so mine may be a dear one then mk3

Just to confuse things...on the 16v PSA derived diesels only one cam is driven by the cambelt.  The other cam is driven by a chain from the first cam which doesn't get replaced.  So it's actually no different to doing a belt on a single cam engine...  £350-£400 sound a reasonable price for the 2.0 TDCi.

12 hours ago, n_hudson said:

Thanks for the replies 

Is that Ford price generic for all cambelts or did you have to put your reg/engine in?  It seems a lot for the 1.6TDCi belt tbh!!  Even at Ford I would have thought £450 was more than enough to cover it.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, TomsFocus said:

Is that Ford price generic for all cambelts or did you have to put your reg/engine in?  It seems a lot for the 1.6TDCi belt tbh!!  Even at Ford I would have thought £450 was more than enough to cover it.

That was with my details entered on the website 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, n_hudson said:

That was with my details entered on the website 

Crikey, I'd hope you can find it cheaper than that elsewhere then.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a decent local indy, total cost was £305.36 - Cambelt, pump and fluids. 

I cancelled my appointment at FORD as even in the dealer reception, they couldn't give me a final fitted price LOL

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club