Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Must be the sensor in the side of the water bottle, There cheap enough on e bay :smile:

5 minutes ago, dezwez said:

Must be the sensor in the side of the water bottle, There cheap enough on e bay :smile:

I'll look into that, thanks!

@jmurray01 I'm jealous of your two MK1s! They both look in good condition too, especially seeing the white one is my age. :tongue: I'm sure you'll look after them, try not to put the mileage up too quickly! :wink: 

I hope I'll get one one day. :mellow:

• Like 1

I like my dad's new car port! It's great to have my beloved Focus protected when I visit! :biggrin:

Although I will have some competition from the Range Rover and Aston (when it arrives) but one of them may be magically parked elsewhere when I visit.:ph34r:

20170128_154007.jpg

It's not quite finished but till do for now. Shame my car is covered in salt! I hate winter. :angry:

Oh and I also like my new dashcams that were fitted last week!

• Like 2

I do like it stopped raining by the time I took Pipper out for her evening stroll:smile:  I already have one set of saturated clothes drying, I didn't really want another.

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

bet she sleeps well to night

Pipper spent most the evening snoozing, after she had her tea.  But she woke up ready and alert for her evening stroll at 10pm:laugh: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

@jmurray01 I'm jealous of your two MK1s! They both look in good condition too, especially seeing the white one is my age. :tongue: I'm sure you'll look after them, try not to put the mileage up too quickly! :wink: 

I hope I'll get one one day. :mellow:

Thanks Chris, I'm sure you'll get your hands on a red one soon.  As for the mileage...  Well, you know me!  I drive a lot, so I can't promise anything.  I am rigorous with my maintenance though, so fully expect both engines to last over 200,000 miles. 

I haven't seen you pop up here in a while, hope everything is alright!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I like my dad's new car port! It's great to have my beloved Focus protected when I visit! :biggrin:

Although I will have some competition from the Range Rover and Aston (when it arrives) but one of them may be magically parked elsewhere when I visit.:ph34r:

20170128_154007.jpg

It's not quite finished but till do for now. Shame my car is covered in salt! I hate winter. :angry:

Impressive!!  We used to have a large driveway and garage at one of our previous homes, which I miss dearly.  Now all three vehicles are parked on the road and exposed to the elements.  That said, rain and snow don't do any harm to parked cars, it is when they are driven that other things like grit get kicked up onto the undercarriage which causes problems further down the line.

It also doesn't help if you live in a rural area with lots of single-file country roads, which means the N/S tyres are regularly going into muddy ditches to let oncoming vehicles pass, and pulling away then kicks all that mud up onto the doors and windows, not to mention the inner wheel arches and undercarriage.

I do like relaxing with a cold beer and some home baked cookies after a mad day at the end of a manic week at work.

37 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

20170128_154007.jpg

That looks like a very well engineered structure:smile:

Are the arched beams single pieces of timber?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It also doesn't help if you live in a rural area with lots of single-file country roads, which means the N/S tyres are regularly going into muddy ditches to let oncoming vehicles pass, and pulling away then kicks all that mud up onto the doors and windows, not to mention the inner wheel arches and undercarriage.

OE mudflaps can help to minimise the impact

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GMX said:

OE mudflaps can help to minimise the impact

They do, but not completely, especially when there is a lot of mud and/or you have to steer away from the dead-ahead position.

Pipper is now snoring quite loudly, sleeping off her very long walk plus evening stroll

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

They do, but not completely, especially when there is a lot of mud and/or you have to steer away from the dead-ahead position.

That's true:mellow:

Mudflaps come into their own as sill savers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Thanks Chris, I'm sure you'll get your hands on a red one soon.  As for the mileage...  Well, you know me!  I drive a lot, so I can't promise anything.  I am rigorous with my maintenance though, so fully expect both engines to last over 200,000 miles. 

I haven't seen you pop up here in a while, hope everything is alright!

Haha I hope so! I'm just convened that they're now at the age where numbers are declining rapidly. :sad: Nice to see yours being looked after though, especially seeing as they're earlier examples. Plus 1999 is the best year. :biggrin:

Thanks, yes I've been really busy since the new year, straight into exams and lots of final deadlines. It's the final push towards the end in May! Hopefully I'll be around a bit more now exams are over for the time being. 

Yes unfortunately at home the cars are exposed to the elements, I know it doesn't damage them but it was great to see that my Focus was nice and dry despite it pouring with rain! Didn't last long though as I had to drive home. :sad: The salt has been really irritating, but hopefully the downpours have washed most of it away now.

59 minutes ago, GMX said:

That looks like a very well engineered structure:smile:

Are the arched beams single pieces of timber?

Yes it's very sturdy! Judt needs the roof tiles, electricity, lighting and varnishing now. Yes from what I've heard they're one piece but I'm not entirely sure! 

I find the mudflaps do help a fair bit, my car gets less muddy than my friends Fiesta without them. 

I like that my mondy has OEM mud flaps front and rear as does the wee fiesta.

I also like, and I can't stress how much, that at 12MN i finished work for 1 month [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I like that my mondy has OEM mud flaps front and rear as does the wee fiesta.

I also like, and I can't stress how much, that at 12MN i finished work for 1 month emoji16.png

That's just what I needed to read before leaving for a 9.5 hour shift.  Thanks Jon... :angry::laugh:

• Like 3

That's just what I needed to read before leaving for a 9.5 hour shift.  Thanks Jon... angry.pnglaugh.png

Oops, sorry [emoji87] if it helps I have a 6month old daughter and she is more hard work than my job so it really doesn't feel like a holiday!

I do like that I am getting to take the car on a 1200m round trip to see the family, finally get it on the motorway and see how she cruises.

• Like 1

I do like the response time of a local roofing company, 

Having found evidence of water within the attic above the bathroom yesterday when putting up the Christmas decorations I posted in the "Things I don't like thread" 

and this morning phoned a local roofing company to investigate the matter, 

Turns out its not a leak in the roof atall which is a huge relief😥 the problem is the shower extraction fan doesn't have a 4" plastic pipe fitted to link it up with the outside vent flap, meaning the extraction fan is putting condensation in to the cavity where it is condensing on the roof 😯

shocking news as were living here ten years now and it's been like that since day one. 

Going to solve it this week with some 4" piping and thankfully found before it became a bigger problem.

• Like 3

I do like having a spare couple of hours this afternoon, having got ahead of myself this morning. Which meant Pipper got an extra afternoon walk:smile:  Admittedly not the most exciting walk from Pipper's point of view, just around the local streets.

16 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I also like, and I can't stress how much, that at 12MN i finished work for 1 month emoji16.png

Do you work on the rigs then Jon?

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Turns out its not a leak in the roof atall which is a huge relief😥 the problem is the shower extraction fan doesn't have a 4" plastic pipe fitted to link it up with the outside vent flap, meaning the extraction fan is putting condensation in to the cavity where it is condensing on the roof 😯

Bet you wish you could get a hold of the cowboy who fitted it! 

Top marks for the roofing company for being honest and not coming up with a BS story and trying to rip you off! 

• Like 2

I do like the wife coming into the room to surprise me with Kiss tickets

• Like 2

No @GMX I am a Nurse Practitioner, I have just taken a lot of my annual leave in one go. I am needing the break now but not sure if I am busier in work or at home haha.

• Like 3

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Turvey said:

Bet you wish you could get a hold of the cowboy who fitted it! 

Top marks for the roofing company for being honest and not coming up with a BS story and trying to rip you off! 

What annoys me the most about the hole discovery is that I'm here ten years and could have fixed that issue with the vent long before even purchasing the focus 

10 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I do like the wife coming into the room to surprise me with Kiss tickets

Did it induce air guitar actions 😯😣🎸 #BingdiddlieBio

• Like 2

I do like pouring myself a glass of wine and having a nice (but rather odd) pizza for tea after a hard day!

WP_20170131_18_25_04_Pro.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club