Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Yeah I also really like that car Jamie - I admit the 405 isn't to my taste at all, but I'd happily drive the Rover.

I do like today's nice weather.

I also do like (seemingly) winning the battle to get my phone repaired free of charge, probably saved me around 200 quid. :smile:

Also do like the sensation that this week has gone by very fast, and not dragged on like most others!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Also do like the sensation that this week has gone by very fast, and not dragged on like most others!

Its still only Wednesday 😧 im working next two days aswell; should be off for paddys but there paying me triple time six days pay to work Thursday & Friday night 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Its still only Wednesday 😧 im working next two days aswell; should be off for paddys but there paying me triple time six days pay to work Thursday & Friday night 😂

I would work forever at that rate lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I would work forever at that rate lol

I can't believe I still keep me cloths on and do the usual job as normal 😁

Further to my post in the "don't like" thread, I do like my medicine...  Not sure if it'll work, but it'll either kill me or cure me!!

WP_20170315_20_44_10_Pro.jpg

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

Yeah I also really like that car Jamie - I admit the 405 isn't to my taste at all, but I'd happily drive the Rover.

I do like today's nice weather.

I also do like (seemingly) winning the battle to get my phone repaired free of charge, probably saved me around 200 quid. :smile:

The 405 is an acquired taste indeed.  Old French cars are a bit like Marmite, people either find them irresistible or avoid them like the plague. 

Glad to hear you are going to get your phone fixed!  That really was absurd them suggesting it was water damage. 

The week is dragging for me, mind you every week feels longer for me as I work every Saturday.  Good thing I don't go out, as every Friday night would be ruined.

ohmy.png

She doesn't look old enough to drive, let alone buy her own car!!! God, I must be getting old!!! 

She's 23 but has her fathers young looks [emoji56]and yes she is paying for it all on her own
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

She's 23 but has her fathers young looks emoji56.pngand yes she is paying for it all on her own

Wow, hats off to her! Despite being the same age as me, she's driving a much flashier car than me lol. What does she do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

Also if she's single can I have her digits??

Only joking!!! :laugh:

• Like 4

I do love that my new header pipe on my bike is going funky colours now :D Also enjoying shopping for bigger bikes now that I have passed my full test, yay!! 

IMG_20170316_120938.jpg

• Like 2

I do like when stainless steel does that, similar thing happened to a manifold on a previous car

I remember having a damn good test thrash of a pug 405 Mi16. By feck I still remember how go cartish it was. I'd love one now. What a flying machine. I scared the sales rep lol

Edited by alexp999
bypassing swear filter

It's a titanium pipe, I though stainless steel went a straw/golden colour?

Wow, hats off to her! Despite being the same age as me, she's driving a much flashier car than me lol. What does she do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?
Also if she's single can I have her digits??
Only joking!!! laugh.png

Haha good try matey

She works for lloyds banking group just got a promotion so she's treat herself. Still lives at home but saving for a deposit as well
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I remember having a damn good test thrash of a pug 405 Mi16. By feck I still remember how go cartish it was. I'd love one now. What a flying machine. I scared the sales rep lol

Lucky you!  There are only 11 left taxed in the UK (including two 4x4 models), and even back in 2001 (as far back as "How Many Left" goes) there were less than 800.  It must have been great seeing them brand new on the dealership forecourts, along with the rest of the 405 models. 

I do like, following a cancelled appointment, and finding myself with a spare couple of hours, taking Pipper for an extra walk.:smile:  The weather forecast for today said squally winds and showers, which we dressed for: but it was spring sunshine and not even a whiff of a breeze.  :laugh:

On her earlier morning walk, along the pavement by the takeaways I gathered a respectable (for a Thursday morning) £17.01.:smile:  Unlike Brandy, Pipper shows little to no interest in the discarded food, like she she also does with other's bowls. Pipper will quite happily sit down next to me as I gather the lost change.  :smile:Whereas with Brandy I had to restrain her with one hand from sampling abandoned takeaways: whilst picking up change with the other:mellow:

I also like that the nights and mornings are rapidly getting lighter, the days seem to be increasing in length around 10 minutes each time the sun rises this week:smile:

It maybe awful out but I get to do the school run.. which means only one thing, I get to see my little girl this weekend!!! 🎊🎉

• Like 3

Picked up my Lexus today and well chuffed with it. Going back to a manual will be hard. so far best gadget is the tilting mirrors when reversing and the camera
ec8a53dd71661e4083ebc146f75ae96a.jpgf9c0c6c5fb6c8791b6b62767e8660ba9.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeah good function that Ken. My 62 plate mondeo has it too.
Enjoy the power and hopefully smoothness.

• Like 1

What engine has that got again?

Looks smart.

• Like 1

A nice 2.5 and yes it is definitely smooth ticking on at 70 just under 2k rpm oh have I mentioned the sound system. Mark levinson

• Like 1

Looks good Ken!  The simple solution to that problem (going back to a manual) is not to!!  Automatics are superior in 95% of driving applications in my opinion, and I'd never go out of my way to buy a manual if an automatic version was available.

• Like 2

I do like taking Pipper for a rather blustery extended walk along the west bound South Western coastal path.:smile: 

Despite the blustery wind, on the nudist section of Studland beach, we encountered a nude geriatric five-a-side "walking" football match:ohmy:, complete with nude cheering supporters :ohmy: Which is not something I've encountered before along there.  There's always a couple of very ancient nudists who pop up out of the dunes like meerkats when somebody clothed goes by with a dog,.  Unlike Brighton:  Studland's nudists are all at least 85-90 years old:ohmy:

After we returned, the ground was finally dry enough to mow the lawns:yahoo:.  Although they'd grown so much during the rather warm and wet winter, I couldn't cut them any shorter than 70mm for the time being. if you remove more than 50% in one go, the plants get stunted with the sudden leaf loss.  And then the lawns never really get going again all season.

I also like getting what turned out to be rather a lot of free avocados, following my complaint to Tesco. :biggrin: They refunded double all of avocado costs, for all of the receipts i had to hand (from mid December 2016 until last week) and say they will be contacting their importers (again).  Apparently I'm not the only one who complained,

• Like 1

Looks good Ken!  The simple solution to that problem (going back to a manual) is not to!!  Automatics are superior in 95% of driving applications in my opinion, and I'd never go out of my way to buy a manual if an automatic version was available.

Yeah I used to slag off auto drivers but now I know the joy. Next car would definitely be a dsg or dual clutch of some such.

1 hour ago, Ken.K said:

A nice 2.5 and yes it is definitely smooth ticking on at 70 just under 2k rpm oh have I mentioned the sound system. Mark levinson

I must say, your post inspired me to start looking on Lexus' on autotrader lol. Found this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701171384353?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&transmission=Automatic&postcode=gu321rn&model=IS 300H&price-from=11000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=LEXUS&price-to=14000&fuel-type=Hybrid&maximum-mileage=40000&radius=1500&page=1

200 BHP, 65 MPG and 0 road tax. Impressive huh?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club