Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like finally getting the time to update and edit the living room project thread if anyone's looking for an interesting read this Sunday Hopfully you find it here 😅

Purchased a one metre length of low profile air ducting in a local B&Q yesterday 

I only required a 26cm length to cover some cables on the bedroom wall see it fitted to the right side of the chimney breast there, 

20180924_122136.thumb.jpg.ea785b92eaee779c74c776989c46720a.jpg

I've since cleaned and put the remaining section back in to its original packaging stapled closed; 

What do you guys reckon if I brought it back to the store along with the receipt would the customer service spot it was a bit short 😅

20180924_180109.thumb.jpg.9685f48714546c6222a17d66467a31e9.jpg

20180924_180115.thumb.jpg.f760207610710bab77bd45ef98449959.jpg

• Like 1

Work mates new car 😂

Peugeot 407 replica 

20180925_075540.jpg

• Like 1

I'm liking 'The Circle' on Channel 4...anyone else watching it?  Not usually a fan of reality stuff but this has caught my interest lol.  I wish my flat was soundproofed as well as their flats though!! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I do like getting the bird out of our flue without too much mess. Amazing how much soot came out even with getting it swept at the beginning of the year! 

IMG_20180925_093611410.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like getting the bird out of our flue without too much mess. Amazing how much soot came out even with getting it swept at the beginning of the year! 

IMG_20180925_093611410.jpg

Lucky the bird doesn't charge 😅

Do you use the chimney I presume yes? 

If not I recommend one of these chimney caps: http://www.chimneycowlproducts.ie/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

20160320_200147_zps4qprbrvv.thumb.jpg.a2ee8a0f99b39e124ec5b3d76c4fbc83.jpg.af7e785ffda80f2e8415fb117417aa5b.jpg

• Like 1

Lucky for the starling I won't charge it rent and for having to clean the window after it left! 😁

Yeah, we do use the fire, quite a bit in the winter. I'll just need to get someone to go up there with some galvanised mesh or buy a new cowl. 

https://www.orkneycowl.co.uk

• Like 1

A good hard day's work of cleaning. Took about 6 hours to clean the car. Really like the wheel cleaner I got makes a big difference from seeing dirty wheels to clean ones. 

Tried doing a 50 / 50 shot to fully cleaned. DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.566e6a568bc4b8cf60d0542b599b290d.JPGDSC_0550.thumb.JPG.cea78bc53d848c6e7d8327ba84dab9c6.JPG

Fully cleaned including sealed and waxed

_20180925_194636.JPG

_20180925_194738.JPG

DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

• Like 2

do like doubling my wages this week by working 1 hr extra each day and working hard for a change. wont last , "make hay while the sun shines" comes to mind. and im getting referal bonus payments for 2 new workers that i know worth another £2k 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

A good hard day's work of cleaning. Took about 6 hours to clean the car. Really like the wheel cleaner I got makes a big difference from seeing dirty wheels to clean ones. 

Tried doing a 50 / 50 shot to fully cleaned. DSC_0547.thumb.JPG.566e6a568bc4b8cf60d0542b599b290d.JPGDSC_0550.thumb.JPG.cea78bc53d848c6e7d8327ba84dab9c6.JPG

Fully cleaned including sealed and waxed. 

_20180925_194636.JPG

_20180925_194738.JPG

DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

did my focus 2 weeks ago, then it rained the next day to work on filthy roads. did look good the day before though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iantt said:

did my focus 2 weeks ago, then it rained the next day to work on filthy roads. did look good the day before though. 

I always look at the weather forecast to see when there's no rain for a few days. At the moment it says there is no rain for the next 2 weeks. Just love how the wheels look when they are clean.

Only thing I'm hating is how soft ford paint is. I'm starting to see light scratches coming back and that's with me putting light pressure with my wash mitt. The sealant and wax looks to cover them but saddens me that all that hard work machine polishing and how hard it is to prevent scratches. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I always look at the weather forecast to see when there's no rain for a few days. At the moment it says there is no rain for the next 2 weeks. Just love how the wheels look when they are clean.

Only thing I'm hating is how soft ford paint is. I'm starting to see light scratches coming back and that's with me putting light pressure with my wash mitt. The sealant and wax looks to cover them but saddens me that all that hard work machine polishing and how hard it is to prevent scratches. 

Do you use a drying towel?  I haven't found any that don't leave fine scratches in the paint sadly, always use them damp but still get scratches. Can't just let it dry naturally either because the water is so hard here, basically end up with stalactites hanging off the car... :rolleyes: The microfibres I use for polish and wax can be a bit scratchy as well, I think the only way to prevent light scratches is a properly applied ceramic coating after a MOP, but that's still really expensive atm.  I have found a decent hard wax recently though, cheapest I could find on eBay, it's still working well after 3 months!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midnight-Reflection-30g-Black-Car-Wax-Mirror-High-Gloss-Pure-Definition/162724355059?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649  I haven't properly washed the car for 3 months (2000 miles), just been giving it a wipe over with quick detailer now and then!  It does need a wash now though, had to take it through some questionable flood water at the weekend and still getting some faecal smells from the warm engine bay lol... :unsure: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you use a drying towel?  I haven't found any that don't leave fine scratches in the paint sadly, always use them damp but still get scratches. Can't just let it dry naturally either because the water is so hard here, basically end up with stalactites hanging off the car... :rolleyes: The microfibres I use for polish and wax can be a bit scratchy as well, I think the only way to prevent light scratches is a properly applied ceramic coating after a MOP, but that's still really expensive atm.  I have found a decent hard wax recently though, cheapest I could find on ebay, it's still working well after 3 months!  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midnight-Reflection-30g-Black-Car-Wax-Mirror-High-Gloss-Pure-Definition/162724355059?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649  I haven't properly washed the car for 3 months (2000 miles), just been giving it a wipe over with quick detailer now and then!  It does need a wash now though, had to take it through some questionable flood water at the weekend and still getting some faecal smells from the warm engine bay lol... :unsure: 

I use a gtechniq Wm2 microfiber wash mitt. Could get a lambs wool but heard its hard to maintain. Its like an animal I heard lol. Can't seem to open up your link but you see what I use on my previous post. For ceramic coatings I've seen one from gtechniq for about £40. I should of ceramic coated the car back when I machine polished it. I used a ceramic trim dressing and that goes rock hard when it's dry judging by the droplets on the floor so they must be good. 

I have a drying towel but hardly use it as the water dries by the time I finish the other side of the car. I have a finish spray which is designed to remove water spots which really helps and gives a more glossy finish. Today morning was looking at the paint and it looks like the sealant and wax has locked in that gloss. 

• Like 1

I do like lying in bed listening to the rain fall After a shower having been up since 5am and working a busy 12 hour shift 

Doing it all again tomorrow morning 😓

• Like 1

I do like following a Police van, in the dark enough for lights evening, the other day. It only had DRLs on, ie fronts only. You have no idea how tempting it was to flash him to stop him and walk up to him and ask "Do you know why I've stopped you tonight?" 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I like finding retro gaming collectables such as mugs, lights, t-shirts etc especially PlayStation related ones. I guess I'm a Sony fanboy because I have owned every single PS console since their release. 

• Like 2

On 10/1/2018 at 8:59 AM, Nick Y said:

I like finding retro gaming collectables such as mugs, lights, t-shirts etc especially PlayStation related ones. I guess I'm a Sony fanboy because I have owned every single PS console since their release. 

I wish I kept my PS1. Years ago I gave it to my cousin who took it on holiday and from what I heard got burnt. Still have some of my PS1 games but not long ago my PS2 stopped working 😢. Lasted a good 13 - 14 years. I wish the PlayStation store has every single PlayStation game to buy. 

Yesterday reinforced the fish tank cabinet. Added a piece going down the middle so at least there's something there to support the weight in the front. Used a wood piece which was leftovers from making the cabinets in my room. DSC_0558.thumb.JPG.3433f48e97f81249d28ef9d98a619154.JPGDSC_0559.thumb.JPG.0409ab93418a300b0879828b99b51987.JPGDSC_0560.thumb.JPG.fa507eaaf17d5bfacc695378cc3b30a4.JPGDSC_0561.thumb.JPG.30ca39d9faa905d929996d1fe48d2f7f.JPG

Luckily the spare wood looks like a close match to the cabinet's wood. DSC_0562.thumb.JPG.359036376a8f2250b4e96845e9f9f8da.JPG

Only thing now is to fit the doors. The company that came to make and fit the cabinets my dad asked them to make cream gloss doors so it matches the colour scheme in my room. Only issue is the whole for the door hinge to sit in is bigger than the hinge so hopefully will get a piece to cut the right size in for the hinge. Don't know if I should add shelves 🤔

• Like 1

Some extra pictures from today. DSC_0569.thumb.JPG.8cde31490d1a68a73be94ff3ee38bbea.JPG

This is the piece which will be used for the doors. You can see the top cream piece has a wider hole which is big for the hinge to sit in. The bottom white piece is the original door and you can see the hole is what it should be for the hinge. DSC_0568.thumb.JPG.a99acbb87cece352813e08018a481f5f.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/2/2018 at 1:12 PM, zain611 said:

Some extra pictures from today. 

This is the piece which will be used for the doors. You can see the top cream piece has a wider hole which is big for the hinge to sit in. The bottom white piece is the original door and you can see the hole is what it should be for the hinge. 

The cabinet for the Aquarium looks very sturdy now with the centre support, You can always add some shelves at a later date using four screws to support the corners of the shelf.

I'm not very well educated on cabinet hinges; it may be possible to fill the larger hole with either a piece of wood or filling compound then re-dripp to the smaller diameter 

I really do like getting the bespoke solid oak floating mantles fitted today 

I've updated the forum thread to reflect the progress Click Here to View Thread 

20181003_231530.thumb.jpg.eb922248d990b9bad97e805a3cb48b42.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

The cabinet for the Aquarium looks very sturdy now with the centre support, You can always add some shelves at a later date using four screws to support the corners of the shelf.

I'm not very well educated on cabinet hinges; it may be possible to fill the larger hole with either a piece of wood or filling compound then re-dripp to the smaller diameter 

Me and dad managed to fit the hinges on the pieces and put them on the cabinet. At first the doors were touching slightly on the wood and some of the hinges were missing screws to use for adjustment. Managed to find some screws and adjusted it. Now just need to get door handles and add the shelves. 

DSC_0570.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Me and dad managed to fit the hinges on the pieces and put them on the cabinet. At first the doors were touching slightly on the wood and some of the hinges were missing screws to use for adjustment. Managed to find some screws and adjusted it. Now just need to get door handles and add the shelves. 

DSC_0570.JPG

Looks excellent mate 👍

The white compliments the oak nicely 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club