Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

13 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Focus RS, Mountune and GT40 content:

I'm happy how clean he keeps the car. Mountune do great work and give good warranty on there work also. 

Went out again in the GTR. Managed to fit in the back seat as my younger cousin wanted to sit in the front. Drove to my uncle and his brothers warehouse and took some great pics there. DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.d4a036a05f9aa766ec6c5bfdf03ebb66.JPGDSC_0024.thumb.JPG.da6e4fa2e8b3f2433b408eee2bec1c8d.JPGDSC_0034.thumb.JPG.ffab847af360b6f67286528337f02116.JPG

Best picture I took 🤣DSC_0022.thumb.JPG.9251db2b30036dc4de115d44e6f80f9a.JPG

In the back they had this stripped out R33 GTR. They are planning on restoring it and I think adding big power to it. DSC_0027.thumb.JPG.f2cd8ac10bc4e261984c4881891f74c1.JPGDSC_0033.thumb.JPG.93c5f25d72bda65aec0c3a1d041e2444.JPGDSC_0029.thumb.JPG.1a777c72e61dbe844c07c2f8a1f036b3.JPG

Exhaust approves the fist test 😂DSC_0032.thumb.JPG.4069a44de16253036e4936a147fb7696.JPG

• Like 3

My brother in law has has a GTR - ridiculous performance through technology. Worlds away from what I'm used to on track!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Exhaust approves the fist test 😂DSC_0032.thumb.JPG.4069a44de16253036e4936a147fb7696.JPG

Is that one massive exhaust or do you have the hands of a 3yr old?🤔😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

My brother in law has has a GTR - ridiculous performance through technology. Worlds away from what I'm used to on track!

I'm surprised on their performance and value for money. You can pick up a GTR from £33k. Looking at the stats it's 3.5 secs to 60 which is faster than audi RS6s and 7s and those are more money. Its a bit more thirsty though. Id probably go for a F80 M3 as its more economical and road tax is just £290 for the dual clutch auto transmission. You can pick these up around the same as the GTR. 

20 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Is that one massive exhaust or do you have the hands of a 3yr old?🤔😉

I do have bony wrists 😂. I'd think though my dad and uncle can fit there fists in it. 

• Like 1

It's not my sort of car at all. Too big and too much technology taking over from the driver. There's no denying it's performance though, and im sure it would whoop my Lotus round a track. I'd be really interested to do a timed lap on my local circuit in my ST too and see how that compares. I'm assuming slower due to handling and dynamics, but even that has more power and top speed...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I'd be really interested to do a timed lap on my local circuit in my ST too and see how that compares.

Which is unlikely to happen as my ST is on our Admiral multi-car policy, so changing insurers or buying one-off insurance for curiosity's sake isn't really worth it.

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm happy how clean he keeps the car.

He's never washed a car in his life - he drives them to Posh Wash (https://poshwash.london/) every time they get a speck of dirt on them. Alright for some 🙄

To be honest his channel has turned into one giant advert for Posh Wash, Topaz detailing, Mountune and GTechiq...

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

He's never washed a car in his life - he drives them to Posh Wash (https://poshwash.london/) every time they get a speck of dirt on them. Alright for some 🙄

To be honest his channel has turned into one giant advert for Posh Wash, Topaz Detailing, Mountune and GTechiq...

I started getting into his channel when you showed that video of him picking up his Mclaren but for some reason with me I just don't like seeing a rich person being able to easily buy a fast car where us working class either aren't getting paid enough to afford it or have other expenses to pay off such as a mortgage.

That posh wash car valeting prices don't look bad. £20 for a hand wash is a little steep when I used to pay £5 for one when I used to have my Peugeot but they probably take more care. I now clean my car myself when I saw how heavily swirled the Peugeot paint was after a year of taking it there. 

My uncle was saying to me that he took the GTR to a hand car wash and told the guy there to only use the microfiber mitts on the car. A minute later he saw them using another mitt so drove out. A friend of his who had a new 911 went there and the paint was covered in swirl marks. On Friday when we went to the detail shop he took my polisher and polished the car. Was hard to tell yesterday as it was dark but he said it removed most of the scratches. 

Just gave the ST a full interior clean, including under the engine bay :thumbsup:

I thought I'd see how lazy I could be with exterior washing (the 4x4 and the ST were both covered in salt and I didn't have much time), so I decided to try snow foaming, pressure washing and then using Magma on the wheels on both cars. Unsurprisingly, without a contact clean the results weren't great (although the cars did look clean enough from a distance). Better than pressure washing alone, but probably not worth the additional effort and cost of product. The Magma seemed good though, and nowhere near as foul smelling as the Bilt Hamber I tried previously...

Who needs a swing when there's beams in the attic ☺

I do like managing to remove this blighter today! 

I also fixed the broken bonnet catch thanks to a £1odd amazon buy......how long it'll last remains to be seen 😁

IMG_20190224_165233713.jpg

IMG_20190223_144417854.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Turvey said:

I do like managing to remove this blighter today! 

I also fixed the broken bonnet catch thanks to a £1odd Amazon buy......how long it'll last remains to be seen 😁

IMG_20190224_165233713.jpg

IMG_20190223_144417854.jpg

Excellent work mate,

The bonnet latch is a tricky one 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Excellent work mate,

The bonnet latch is a tricky one 

Cheers Lenny...

The bonnet catch wasn't too bad to be honest. I am now an expert at removing the grill without damaging it (only 2 plastic screws have to be sacrificed) 

• Thanks 1

Feel really tempted 🤪. There's more stuff on sale but I'm particularly looking at the performance brake lights

Screenshot_20190224-183234.png

• Like 1

Early start tomorrow, replacing front brake discs/pads, and then off to Ford to have the brake fluid changed as it's getting on for 8 years old (and get them to give the brakes a once over to make sure i've done it right!). Do like it when a plan comes together!

Even went out specially today and bought some little wire brushes to clean the caliper bracket up 😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny still catching up to you..... Slowly 😂. Still on series 1

15510425202326957064111084883395.jpg

Some good episodes 

• Like 1

The rubber cap has fallen off the hanx brake pedal on the Diesel Toyota fork truck in work,.

Someone has printed the slippery surface icon on to a Dyno label with the label "Drift Mode" 

And stuck in place of the rubber pedal cover 😂

20190225_160158.thumb.png.f7741466b93f2b0af157208fb80c8ee1.png

• Haha 1

nice weather today  Going out for a spin

20180714_175330.thumb.jpg.d2cdb9b4b757b41f112eaa0f9b140ffe.jpg

20180714_175354.thumb.jpg.0355d9bfc848f433f768c27cfdfa6010.jpg

• Like 2

Is that adult size Lenny? Bet my daughter would love being a passenger on that, I'd be knackered though!

Edit - Is it this age 5 upwards model? It looks massive on your drive!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163387576676

I tried to add a screenshot but it's not letting me again???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

Is that adult size Lenny? Bet my daughter would love being a passenger on that, I'd be knackered though!

Edit - Is it this age 5 upwards model? It looks massive on your drive!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163387576676

I tried to add a screenshot but it's not letting me again???

Adjustable drivers seat and removable passenger seat, passenger can stand or sit, kids can also travel with box of toys to there friends garden, The "Our generation" camper van fits in passenger side 😂

20190225_165618.thumb.jpg.a585d3002344d55f668d8cceb0b75659.jpg

20190225_170416.thumb.jpg.4eebe2264308584cc8a5cacda55499bf.jpg

I'm 6ft 1in and I can drive it, does doughnuts 😂

All the way forward and our four year old son can drive it, 

There's gears inside the pedal mechanism makes it super easy to move but you cant change gears, Its just in one speed which is fairly quick the pedals level off at around 20mph meaning pedalling doesn't contribute to the speed after that point. it also free wheels and if you pedal backwards it stops like brakes or you can use the handbrake.

We have three kids so we got this model where the two girls 9 and 11 can go on it aswell as our son who is 4 without losing a leg as it's got the floor..

We bought it online from douglas garden centre in cork whom ship it directly from berg in Belgium, https://www.douglasforestandgarden.ie/product/berg-duo-chopper-bf/ 

It's handy to remove seats then it can be parked in drive, have it a year now in April 

They got the option of a holiday last year or the go kart and they chose the go kart, The summer was great and there friends enjoy if too.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club