Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I saw a 28" CRT TV at a museum yesterday...honestly thought it was an exhibit! :laugh:  

Must be a decade or more since I last saw those 'worn cassette' lines rising up a convex screen! :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I saw a 28" CRT TV at a museum yesterday...honestly thought it was an exhibit! :laugh:  

Must be a decade or more since I last saw those 'worn cassette' lines rising up a convex screen! :biggrin: 

I remember those big heavy TVs back in the day. You can pick them up for a tenner 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember those big heavy TVs back in the day. You can pick them up for a tenner [emoji23]
If you can pick them up at all [emoji57] [emoji342][emoji911]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

If you can pick them up at all emoji57.png emoji342.pngemoji911.png

I remember me, dad and uncle just struggling to hold one up years back 😂. Nowadays you can't struggle to hold a flat screen tv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some flat screens are still heavy...my Dad bought a massive one from FB Marketplace cheap...

Turned out to be plasma instead of LCD...carrying that up 3 flights of stairs was not fun... :laugh:

• Like 2

The in-laws bought me & the wife a 32" crt tv for a wedding present years ago and at that time we lived in the top 2 floors of a 4 floor house.
Nearly killed me getting the tv up 4 flights of stairs.
Our second floor was living room & main bedroom which were technically in the roof (very sloped ceilings) and the top step was directly onto the living room with a side half-step for the bedroom.
Mis-footed myself and nearly went down the stairs backwards with a tv on my face.
I'm pretty sure that would have chafed a wee bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

The in-laws bought me & the wife a 32" crt tv for a wedding present years ago and at that time we lived in the top 2 floors of a 4 floor house.
Our second floor was living room & main bedroom which were technically in the roof (very sloped ceilings) and the top step was directly onto the living room with a side half-step for the bedroom.
Mis-footed myself and nearly went down the stairs backwards with a tv on my face.

lol ☺️

• Like 1

Sister pulled the 32" CRT over on her when she was little, amazed she didn't injure herself!

Got some new tyres fitted, all seasons, and they feel just like summers. Preparing for the snow! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Another year and another 12 months MOT that passed with no Advisories again, had the car 5 years and 4 MOT's and not cost me a penny, not bad for a 2011 titanium 1.6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Sainsburys might want to update their survey... :laugh: 

ThosCkSains.thumb.jpg.a5f871882cc2d377e0cbcface12de4ba.jpg

lol 😄

I do like making a eggslut sandwich. Two eggs cracked on a cold pan with a dollop of butter. Mixed until the butter I all turned into liquid before putting the heat on low. Kept stirring until the egg curdled then added chives and salt. Toasted a brioche bun and added nandos piri mayo on the bottom, added the egg on top, a slice of cheese then the top bun

DSC_0512.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

I do like making a eggslut sandwich. Two eggs cracked on a cold pan with a dollop of butter. Mixed until the butter I all turned into liquid before putting the heat on low. Kept stirring until the egg curdled then added chives and salt. Toasted a brioche bun and added nandos piri mayo on the bottom, added the egg on top, a slice of cheese then the top bun

DSC_0512.JPG

That would be amazing with a burger or sausage patty inside!

• Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 7:30 PM, TomsFocus said:

Some flat screens are still heavy...my Dad bought a massive one from FB Marketplace cheap...

Turned out to be plasma instead of LCD...carrying that up 3 flights of stairs was not fun... :laugh:

My grandad recently updated his old plasma to an OLED, took 5 people to wrestle it out the door!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, marklivin said:

The burger looks amazing.

+1 I love Brioche baps especially Aldi ones, almost as good as the wifes 😅

• Like 1

I do like finishing work for the weekend,

Have been suffering man flu all week aswell as chest pains and fatigue, also been needing time to write down some important information which I need to take time to compose correctly 

Hopefully get to it tomorrow morning as I'm baking scones with our eldest daughter this evening; she's learned how to make them in school during the week and now shes going to teach me how to make them 🤔🌡🥧🔥🌚😟

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, zain611 said:

DSC_0512.JPG

Oh that looks good! Lose the chives for me though, a wee bit of chopped up bacon mixed in would be nice as well. 

• Like 3

I do like getting the Citroen sold tomorrow (touch wood) and spending a day driving the replacement (a 1999 Toyota Avensis 1.8) which goes well with no problems that I can tell, other than possibly needing alignment as the steering doesn't re-centre naturally after a turn, so it could be that whoever did the alignment last didn't do the job properly!!  Knowing some of the mechanics around this area that would not surprise me in the least. 

Either way it's a Toyota and at 140k the engine and gearbox still have plenty of life left, as long as the rest of the car doesn't fall apart before then!!

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like getting the Citroen sold tomorrow (touch wood) and spending a day driving the replacement (a 1999 Toyota Avensis 1.8) which goes well with no problems that I can tell, other than possibly needing alignment as the steering doesn't re-centre naturally after a turn, so it could be that whoever did the alignment last didn't do the job properly!!  Knowing some of the mechanics around this area that would not surprise me in the least. 

Either way it's a Toyota and at 140k the engine and gearbox still have plenty of life left, as long as the rest of the car doesn't fall apart before then!!

I had one of those as well (what a surprise lol!), back in 2012, I bought it as a cheap stop gap after the Mk4 Golf broke down majorly the second time...  Only had 70k miles on it, just under 10 years old and was only worth £800 from an indy dealer!  They must be worth minus figures by now, did they pay you to take it away?  :laugh: 

I'm amazed to see it's still on the road now though! 😮  Was bought by a Cockney trader to be used as a taxi in Greater London apparently...

Image may contain: car and outdoor

• Like 1

Like taking a cheeky picture whilst at the hospital visiting my great gran. 

DSC_0514.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I had one of those as well (what a surprise lol!), back in 2012, I bought it as a cheap stop gap after the Mk4 Golf broke down majorly the second time...  Only had 70k miles on it, just under 10 years old and was only worth £800 from an indy dealer!  They must be worth minus figures by now, did they pay you to take it away?  :laugh: 

I'm amazed to see it's still on the road now though! 😮  Was bought by a Cockney trader to be used as a taxi in Greater London apparently...

Image may contain: car and outdoor

If I keep it long enough it might actually go up in value!! :laughing:

• Haha 1

I do like watching C4's The Circle!

Fatboy Slim's kid is on there, reminded me of all the good Fatboy Slim songs I'd forgotten!  And seeing Tim in a full suit on the treadmill last night! :laugh: 

It should also be educational...I'm learning how to be more popular.  Step one...be nice to people...ah crap... 🤭

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club