Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Looks like that person could be bothered to reverse [emoji23]. Lol I just have to see how things go. Its surprising hearing about my cousin. 

So here's how the car looked when on the house. That spray on ceramic sealant really helped in beading. Better than I've ever seen. DSC_0499.thumb.JPG.321b3d7d7ec8b534ae0f25b8d498ffda.JPGDSC_0500.thumb.JPG.9486cbf7f42c433dfc48b729590b29e9.JPG_20190922_143235.thumb.JPG.3380f776617ebb9c4171ff862a5adbe4.JPG

This is after going to a short trip. Just about all the water beaded off as if no water was on there [emoji2962]. DSC_0503.thumb.JPG.fe0207ac980fb70d6b25dae70b902990.JPG
Meguiars Hybrid ceramic wax? Have it on my car, it's well worth the money! Put it on my wheels and the brake dust just pressure washed off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Looks like that person could be bothered to reverse 😂

They didn't even need to reverse, just stop a few feet earlier...plenty of time to see eachother there.  I see it all the time though,  they just stop without thinking where the space is... regularly see them stop next to a traffic island or blocking a roundabout when they hear a siren. :rolleyes:

That ceramic spray certainly seems to have worked well!! :biggrin:

@Micro @TomsFocus it was car pro reload 👍. Think it's worth it.

Just was coming back from my aunts house and went over a really sharp speed bump 😤. Wasn't there before and heard a bang when going over it. Honestly these councils like to damage our cars. 

• Like 1

I do like the lady cyclist that I happen to be 'behind' for a short while on the way home. Very nice indeed. Shame she wasn't wearing a helmet though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like the lady cyclist that I happen to be 'behind' for a short while on the way home. Very nice indeed. Shame she wasn't wearing a helmet though.

You weren't doing 15mph behind her slowing everyone down did you 😂

Bit nervous as I start my new course tomorrow. Don't really know properly how to get there plus tried waking myself up early so I can not struggle tomorrow 😂. Don't like this weather 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I was just going to make a disgusting joke about you offering her a helmet... 😲 :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Bit nervous as I start my new course tomorrow. Don't really know properly how to get there plus tried waking myself up early so I can not struggle tomorrow 😂. Don't like this weather 

Good luck!  I hope the weather's better for you tomorrow, bad enough trying to find your way without torrential rain as well lol.  Have you been there at all yet?  I always make a trip the day before if I don't know where I'm going lol!  :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I was just going to make a disgusting joke about you offering her a helmet... 😲 :laugh: 

Good luck!  I hope the weather's better for you tomorrow, bad enough trying to find your way without torrential rain as well lol.  Have you been there at all yet?  I always make a trip the day before if I don't know where I'm going lol!  :biggrin: 

I was thinking of doing that to go there today to get an idea on travel but don't know now especially how it is outside. I have looked at the route there so take the bus from home to the overground station then from there get of one station then walk to the underground station then take a certain train line there to the uni. Says will take 45 mins which I'll be happy if it does, not over an hour. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I was thinking of doing that to go there today to get an idea on travel but don't know now especially how it is outside. I have looked at the route there so take the bus from home to the overground station then from there get of one station then walk to the underground station then take a certain train line there to the uni. Says will take 45 mins which I'll be happy if it does, not over an hour. 

Hmm, yeah, maybe that's a bit much to do a 90 minute round trip just for the sake of it.  I forget how slow everything is in London, it must only be around 10 miles?  That's like 15-20 minutes here!

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Hmm, yeah, maybe that's a bit much to do a 90 minute round trip just for the sake of it.  I forget how slow everything is in London, it must only be around 10 miles?  That's like 15-20 minutes here!

It's about 8.2 miles away which funnily is closer than my previous uni which I drove to which was 10 miles. I don't think there's parking around there plus it's more nearer the centre of London so more traffic. Just nervous travelling there for the first time by train 😅

Its also kind of a big area that there's 3 train station nearby. I'm probably going to get used to going to one station. 

• Like 1

Made a nice brunch 😂. Quorn and beef burger. Hand cut and fried onions on top of a slice of cheese wrapped around a brioche bun 😋

Cherishing my last few hours of my last day of my 4 months holiday 😭

DSC_0509.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

It's about 8.2 miles away....... 😅

(Sorry, can't seem to delete emojis on phone!) 

8 miles would take about 10 minutes up here! I really don't envy you guys living in the metropolis. 

Good luck with the new course mate 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It takes like 15 minutes just to drive 1 mile in London!

Probably the worst place to drive on earth (bar the stupidly obvious ones like India etc)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Made a nice brunch 😂. Quorn and beef burger. Hand cut and fried onions on top of a slice of cheese wrapped around a brioche bun 😋

Cherishing my last few hours of my last day of my 4 months holiday 😭

DSC_0509.JPG

Gee, I thought I was lucky getting 4 days!! :wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

(Sorry, can't seem to delete emojis on phone!) 

8 miles would take about 10 minutes up here! I really don't envy you guys living in the metropolis. 

Good luck with the new course mate 👍

When I used to drive to my previous uni it took about 55 mins to get there depending on traffic 😂. Thanks I'm still nervous though as I have checked the way to get there but never have done it so first time travelling tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Gee, I thought I was lucky getting 4 days!! :wink:

It's great but the novelty of having time to do stuff goes quickly plus now have to get back into the routine of going sleep early and waking up like 6 in the morning 😩. This course is 5 days a week compared to 2 to 3 days a week back in my previous course so more tense. Hopefully this is until December then in my second term I'd be happy if it's less. 

13 hours ago, Incontro said:

It takes like 15 minutes just to drive 1 mile in London!

Probably the worst place to drive on earth (bar the stupidly obvious ones like India etc)

Lol, it's probably the worst place in the UK, I'm sure there are plenty of stupid ones across the world! :laugh: 

I hate stationary traffic even for a few minutes, I'll often drive slightly further as long as I can keep moving, certainly don't envy anyone driving in town rush hour, let alone London rush hour! 😮 

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, it's probably the worst place in the UK, I'm sure there are plenty of stupid ones across the world! :laugh: 

I hate stationary traffic even for a few minutes, I'll often drive slightly further as long as I can keep moving, certainly don't envy anyone driving in town rush hour, let alone London rush hour! 😮 

I remember getting stuck on the A50 in Stoke-on-Trent for nearly 3 hours in July last year, in 32c heat! Didn’t move an inch for that entire time. 

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

I'm glad I don't live in the metropolis, but I hated living in the stix as well...just one single 10 mile B road before you could turn off either to town or onto the dual carriageway.  Took ages to get anywhere, slow people and farm traffic could easily double the journey time...and an accident or snow drift could block us all in the village...or out of it!! 😮 

I now live in Suburbia with Neil Tennant & Jesus (the youngsters won't get either of those references :sad: :laugh: ) which I much prefer...  Shops and amenities in walking distance, town centre 10 mins drive away on 2 way roads, river and country walks 10 mins drive in the other direction on 2 way roads, seaside town/beach 15 mins away and plenty of roads in all directions so if one gets blocked there's always another.  Plus I feel safer during the suburban knights (they might get that one :wink:) than countryside nights, no street lights out in the country, could be anyone or anything out there!  At least I can see the attacker here in the suburbs. :laugh: 

1 minute ago, dtulip8 said:

I remember getting stuck on the A50 in Stoke-on-Trent for nearly 3 hours in July last year, in 32c heat! Didn’t move an inch for that entire time. 

Ah, that's definitely not fun!  Also the main reason I hate dual carriageways!  I've been stuck on the A12 more than once, it's notorious for accidents despite being a fairly straight road...I don't understand why people find it so difficult to just drive in a straight line on a clean road at a measly 70mph without hitting things... :unsure:  It's not like a country lane where visibility is poor, there's vulnerable road users and animals all over the place and if you do have to stop suddenly there's almost always mud on the road...

I think the worst dual carriageway incident for me was August 3rd 2010...  It's so bad I can still recall the date!  Met someone from a car forum at a services on the A12 to sell some alloys...felt a bit dodgy on the way there, and as soon as I parked very quickly realised I had to get to the toilet block immediately...where the world fell out of my a*se within seconds.  And of course there was only one sheet of bog roll hanging from the dispenser...fantastic!  Anyway, on the way back, I got caught in solid traffic for about 30 minutes and I was in a hell of a state tbh.  It's made me terrified of the A12 ever since!  Next time I tried it, guess what, another road block!  A car caught fire (ok, that's not the drivers fault lol) and I got stuck for 2 hours in solid traffic, did manage to clench for the entire time and just got home in time...but yeah, that didn't help.  Third time I tried it, I knew my limits and had hit panic so pulled off at a large junction, went over the flyover and came back down the other side to return the way I came...and watched a brand new Fiesta (at the time) smash straight into the central reservation on the other side where I had been literally seconds beforehand and watched all the traffic behind start bunching up behind them...saw two elderly occupants picking the airbag off of their face (still alive fortunately, not sure how I;d react to seeing dead people or major injuries!) but I never could understand how that happened at all.  So I very rarely use that section of the A12 at all now...  And avoid dual carriageways wherever possible, but of course it's not always possible. :unsure: :sad: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm glad I don't live in the metropolis, but I hated living in the stix as well...just one single 10 mile B road before you could turn off either to town or onto the dual carriageway.  Took ages to get anywhere, slow people and farm traffic could easily double the journey time...and an accident or snow drift could block us all in the village...or out of it!! 😮 

I now live in Suburbia with Neil Tennant & Jesus (the youngsters won't get either of those references :sad: :laugh: ) which I much prefer...  Shops and amenities in walking distance, town centre 10 mins drive away on 2 way roads, river and country walks 10 mins drive in the other direction on 2 way roads, seaside town/beach 15 mins away and plenty of roads in all directions so if one gets blocked there's always another.  Plus I feel safer during the suburban knights (they might get that one :wink:) than countryside nights, no street lights out in the country, could be anyone or anything out there!  At least I can see the attacker here in the suburbs. :laugh: 

Ah, that's definitely not fun!  Also the main reason I hate dual carriageways!  I've been stuck on the A12 more than once, it's notorious for accidents despite being a fairly straight road...I don't understand why people find it so difficult to just drive in a straight line on a clean road at a measly 70mph without hitting things... :unsure:  It's not like a country lane where visibility is poor, there's vulnerable road users and animals all over the place and if you do have to stop suddenly there's almost always mud on the road...

I think the worst dual carriageway incident for me was August 3rd 2010...  It's so bad I can still recall the date!  Met someone from a car forum at a services on the A12 to sell some alloys...felt a bit dodgy on the way there, and as soon as I parked very quickly realised I had to get to the toilet block immediately...where the world fell out of my a*se within seconds.  And of course there was only one sheet of bog roll hanging from the dispenser...fantastic!  Anyway, on the way back, I got caught in solid traffic for about 30 minutes and I was in a hell of a state tbh.  It's made me terrified of the A12 ever since!  Next time I tried it, guess what, another road block!  A car caught fire (ok, that's not the drivers fault lol) and I got stuck for 2 hours in solid traffic, did manage to clench for the entire time and just got home in time...but yeah, that didn't help.  Third time I tried it, I knew my limits and had hit panic so pulled off at a large junction, went over the flyover and came back down the other side to return the way I came...and watched a brand new Fiesta (at the time) smash straight into the central reservation on the other side where I had been literally seconds beforehand and watched all the traffic behind start bunching up behind them...saw two elderly occupants picking the airbag off of their face (still alive fortunately, not sure how I;d react to seeing dead people or major injuries!) but I never could understand how that happened at all.  So I very rarely use that section of the A12 at all now...  And avoid dual carriageways wherever possible, but of course it's not always possible. :unsure: :sad: 

I’m quite surprised I get the Neil Tennant part of the reference (my Aunt loves the Pet Shop Boys and that song along with West End Girls are my faves) I do also prefer living in a town/suburbs to the actual city. Living in Leicester City Centre for uni, I thought I’d love it but actually I’m not that fussed by it all really. Too big and I never know what to do or where to go. 

It also never ceases to amaze me some people’s inability to drive in a straight line. Sounds pretty bad along there, I’ll have to avoid it if I’m ever going that way.

• Like 1

If I was getting married again 😅

All together now 🎤Youuuuooohhhhoouuuhh

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:35 AM, zain611 said:

You weren't doing 15mph behind her slowing everyone down did you 😂

Unfortunately I was only behind her for a few minutes so could only be her 'rear' guard for a brief moment :laughing:.

I hope you made it ok on your first day. To be honest, you'll probably have things down to a T in a few days and be able to sleep walk the route without trouble :thumbup:.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, TomsFocus said:

I hadn't even thought about offering up a helmet... though it would have been in the best possible taste :laughing: (let's see who get's that one :wink:).

I vaguely remember watching something on TV about people who would travel a route or journey before they needed to take the same trip later on. I think the most extreme one was a lady who flew to the country she was going on holiday to the week before, then obviously did the whole thing again on her actual holiday. Must cost £££ for long haul trips but then again the silver lining of those extra airmiles/bonus points :thumbup:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do like that the annoying, lazy, self centred, whinging old bag at the office has announced that she's handed in her resignation the other day and is leaving on the 11th October. :yahoo::partytime:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Before I finally try and get back to sleep...

I do like that our Resurfacing team have just finished surfacing a long stretch of the main road I travel on every day to work. The last rough bit is hopefully going to be done first quarter 2020 so I will be even happier then!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zico said:

I do like that the annoying, lazy, self centred, whinging old bag at the office has announced that she's handed in her resignation the other day and is leaving on the 11th October. :yahoo::partytime:

While some people are having cakes and wishing her well in the future; I recommend choosing the humble pie 😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zico said:

LOL😂

• Like 3

Had a decent first day in my new uni yesterday. Took about an hour to get there thankfully and just hope that's the normal time. 

I was the first to come in 😂. The first few guys and girls who came in I went up to them and said hello and introduced myself as they were to themselves. As more people came in and the teacher started the session it looked like people were talking to each other then. 

Only thing I didn't really like is how the 2 guys I was sitting next to already had mates they were going to visit after the session meaning I'd be by myself for 3 hours until my enrolment. Luckily one guy said you can go whenever you want for enrolment which he was right and saved me some time and went home early. I did also notice the 'class' of people are a little different here compared to my previous uni. Don't know if studying too much does it but people seemed to be reserved to themselves or act a little different as supposed to someone like me who likes to socialise and joke about 🤣. Surprised also how skimpy some people dressed. You'd think they are clever to get into this uni but they sadly lack the thought on how they look. As someone brought up in religion this just gets me why you'd like to show your legs and butt 🤣

Just hope as time progresses everyone opens up to one another in the course and we all work / help each other out 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club