Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Is the battery and or charger good? Just wondering although when my battery on my car was a little drained I'd say I waited overnight for the battery to charge and start the car. 

Not sure about the battery but the charger works fine, although I've never had a battery sit at 13.2v before except for the first 20-30 minutes after charging then it drops to 12.8v, so I was a little surprised to find it still indicating 13.11v this morning 2 days after turning off the charger... :ohmy:

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Not sure about the battery but the charger works fine, although I've never had a battery sit at 13.2v before except for the first 20-30 minutes after charging then it drops to 12.8v, so I was a little surprised to find it still indicating 13.11v this morning 2 days after turning off the charger... :ohmy:

I assume it's a petrol battery your discussing but thought I'd say; My Diesel focus shows 14.4 at times, its common for Diesel to be higher 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yesterday out in my clean car 😂. Just feels nice driving with a clean car. 

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

I think we can all relate to that clean car feeling! Especially when the windows are clean!  Hate it as soon as you get damp morning dew spots on the glass, or have to use the wipers and end up with wiper marks! 😮 :laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

I assume it's a petrol battery your discussing but thought I'd say; My Diesel focus shows 14.4 at times, its common for Diesel to be higher 

It's a diesel but that shouldn't make any difference.  A battery should always charge at 14.4 when the engine is running but after turning it off (or stopping charging) it usually drops to 12.7 in my experience regardless of petrol or diesel.

The Passat will sometimes show as low as 12.3 after it has been sitting for 24 hours but it has an alarm and immobiliser so that uses power when it is sitting.  The Citroen doesn't even have central locking so there shouldn't be any drain there!! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I think we can all relate to that clean car feeling! Especially when the windows are clean!  Hate it as soon as you get damp morning dew spots on the glass, or have to use the wipers and end up with wiper marks! 😮 :laugh:

I just don't like how it gets covered in dust / pollen quickly 😂

• Haha 1

It's okay, you'll be driving it on wet roads for the next week...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I cleaned mine today, normally cleaned my focus every 2 weeks, but the Mondeo doesn't get the same attention , been at least 6 weeks. All clean now but the rain is on its way in the next 30 mins . Oh well, the inside is now clean 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Oh no 😭. Good thing I put some sealant, wax and also a spray on ceramic sealant. Would like to see how the spray performs in terms of hydrophobisity. I'm starting my masters very soon now and will have to start taking the train there than driving so might greatly reduce my car usage 😥

45 minutes ago, iantt said:

I cleaned mine today, normally cleaned my focus every 2 weeks, but the Mondeo doesn't get the same attention , been at least 6 weeks. All clean now but the rain is on its way in the next 30 mins . Oh well, the inside is now clean 

Do you apply any waxes or sealants? That might reduce the amount of dirt that goes on the car increasing the time it takes for the car to get really dirty. I put three layers of protection on mine mainly because I may not have time to clean again until Christmas. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Week?  It's the end of September...the roads will be wet for the next few months...and then the salt starts... 😮 

I won't clean mine for a while now, last car show of the season for me today, might wash it for MOT at the end of November if it's still going by then! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Over Winter, cleaning is about protecting the car, not having it clean on the outside to drive. As [mention=85062]zain611[/mention] said, a clean interior is a nice place to be though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Over Winter, cleaning is about protecting the car, not having it clean on the outside to drive. As@zain611 said, a clean interior is a nice place to be though.

I've Sharpie'd all the stone chips on the steel bonnet, that counts as protection right... :wink:  Tbf I did wax it earlier in the year and it's still beading (the dust ends up in bead shapes :rolleyes: ), alloys are sealed as well so hopefully they won't corrode.  I've just been going over it every few weeks with a single bucket and dirty rag since about June...topping it off with show shine before any car shows...  It actually doesn't look awful though, can't believe the effort I used to put in to other cars for them to look the same at a normal distance! :laugh: 

I completely agree with a clean interior though, I take the hoover downstairs every few weeks for the inside.  That's much easier than getting the hose and jetwash out and all plumbed and plugged in, then trying to dry the car in cold temps and trying to get it waxed before the rain starts or it gets dark.  It's a rough old car though, given the huge mileage I guess the first owner was a company so the paint wasn't looked after and it can't get much worse now!

• Like 1

@TomsFocus @TimST2 forgot about the salts coming in. Thankfully the car is protected now till I clean it again in the Christmas holidays.

My wheels has bits of paint flaked off on the side of the spokes. Hopefully that doesn't do anything. Need to put some sort of protection on them. 

I've Sharpie'd all the stone chips on the steel bonnet, that counts as protection right... wink.gif 

I've just been going over it every few weeks with a single bucket and dirty rag since about June...

You're making me and [mention=85062]zain611[/mention] sad.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You're making me and@zain611 sad.

I thought you were referring to the sharpy but now I know. 

Tom care about the paint and the paint will care about you 🤣

I think my legs are still marginally aching from cleaning the car on Thursday. Back I think is better now. Took me from 12:30 to 8pm to clean my car however I took extra steps of protection as I know I'll be busy till December. 

DSC_0482.JPG

Saying about the sharpy I might try that or buy another touch up paint kit. When washing the car the front is peppered with white spots. 

• Like 2

I heard some surprising news yesterday. Heard that one of my cousins is getting married 🤯. First of the cousins 😂

@Lenny remember I was talking about that cousin who his girl was coming to his house with no one there but him? It's him. I'm just wondering how this got out, probably he got caught in the act by his parents 😂.

With me I'm looking at my education, job, get a house and a nice expensive car before I think about marriage. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I heard some surprising news yesterday. Heard that one of my cousins is getting married 🤯. First of the cousins 😂

@Lenny remember I was talking about that cousin who his girl was coming to his house with no one there but him? It's him. I'm just wondering how this got out, probably he got caught in the act by his parents 😂.

With me I'm looking at my education, job, get a house and a nice expensive car before I think about marriage. 

It's only a piece of paper anyway; did he always show signs of being retarded or is this the first sign 😂

Shes either pregnant or a stunner 

Personally I regret getting married four years ago despite being together eighteen years,

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Or marry the right girl. It was Mrs. TimST2 who encouraged me to get the Elise, the ST and the Seven :wub:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Lenny said:

It's only a piece of paper anyway; did he always show signs of being retarded or is this the first sign 😂

Shes either pregnant or a stunner 

Personally I regret getting married four years ago despite being together eighteen years,

Saying that he's a year younger than me and I think he left his degree now. Would of started his final year. Heard he's working in a stationery shop 😂. My sister was doing some investigation on the girl. She's the same age as me however she completed her teaching degree and now wants to do the further training course. Doesn't really mix well that. 

I'm sure you have a nice wife and nice children 👍. I don't think you should ever regret that. Every married couple have their highs and lows. Back in Paris one night my dad wanted to walk back to the hotel (about a mile walk) and my mum was angry as she was tired from walking in the market. She was just swearing at me about him how stingy he is when we could of taken a cab 😂. This was at 12:30 in the night. 

Do love this song. Been playing gta san andreas and waiting for this to play along with ice cube it was a good day 😂. My first save game file for some reason isn't loading so now playing it again 🙄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Or marry the right girl. It was Mrs. TimST2 who encouraged me to get the Elise, the ST and the Seven :wub:

I'm looking at if I will have the money to get these things. If I'm paying a mortgage I might not be able to afford a expensive car. I'm thinking I might put a deposit on a house and put it on rent whilst I'm still single then put the rent money in the mortgage. During that time hopefully I can save my money for an expensive car whilst I'm single. With the house prices in London I'd have to hope I have a really good salary for the mortgage and enjoy myself. When I get married I can move in the house and hopefully the mortgage will be a little cheaper as a little would be paid from rent. Hopefully as I have my nice car I won't have to sell it to put towards any expenses. 

You can save with two incomes paying one mortgage. At the end of the day when you meet the right person you'll know what to do.

36 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You can save with two incomes paying one mortgage. At the end of the day when you meet the right person you'll know what to do.

Yeah that's true and something I forgot about 👍. With my parents my dad pays the mortgage whilst my mum pays the house bills. Hopefully my other half then will have a good job. 

Its also started raining here. Water is beading off the paint. I just did a little drive to my uncles house as we'll be seeing my great gran and I'm shocked on how the car looked when I stepped out. Will post pictures up when I get home 👍

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

My wheels has bits of paint flaked off on the side of the spokes. Hopefully that doesn't do anything. Need to put some sort of protection on them. 

Water will get in under the paint and make that worse over winter, especially if it freezes, really need to seal the edges before it peels any more.  You can even do it with a bit of superglue (I can hear Tim cringing already haha) but the proper way to do it is remove all the flaky stuff and then build up layers of paint there.

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

You're making me and zain611 sad

Pfft...'it's only a car'... :rolleyes:  You know it's not even a Ford right? :wink:  Gone are the days I used to spend hours polishing turds! :laugh: 

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

I thought you were referring to the sharpy but now I know. 

Tom care about the paint and the paint will care about you 🤣

Saying about the sharpy I might try that or buy another touch up paint kit. When washing the car the front is peppered with white spots. 

In all honesty, I get fed up with the imperfections in the paint tbh, it'll never be perfect without some heavy machine correction so it's not worth the effort of proper detailing.  Plus I have to deal with these oblivious people on the backroads regularly...literally ALL of us can see the passing place there for me to slot nicely into if she stops in the centre opposite it, but nope, she continues until the end of it so I have to scuff the bushes to pass!? :rolleyes:  

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Life's never perfect mate...don't try and get everything in place first as it probably won't happen and you never know whats around the corner.  I don't think anyone's life pans out as they planned it to.  Just live in the moment! :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Life's never perfect mate...don't try and get everything in place first as it probably won't happen and you never know whats around the corner.  I don't think anyone's life pans out as they planned it to.  Just live in the moment! :biggrin: 

You are so right, there Tom! It's not a bad idea though to have the odd contingency plan for the the times when things go really badly, so you can at least eat and pay your rent/mortgage, not choose one or the other!😀

As for "affairs of the heart", no, you can't plan that, just hope you don't get it broken (or do the same to someone else) too many times!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Water will get in under the paint and make that worse over winter, especially if it freezes, really need to seal the edges before it peels any more.  You can even do it with a bit of superglue (I can hear Tim cringing already haha) but the proper way to do it is remove all the flaky stuff and then build up layers of paint there.

Pfft...'it's only a car'... :rolleyes:  You know it's not even a Ford right? :wink:  Gone are the days I used to spend hours polishing turds! :laugh: 

In all honesty, I get fed up with the imperfections in the paint tbh, it'll never be perfect without some heavy machine correction so it's not worth the effort of proper detailing.  Plus I have to deal with these oblivious people on the backroads regularly...literally ALL of us can see the passing place there for me to slot nicely into if she stops in the centre opposite it, but nope, she continues until the end of it so I have to scuff the bushes to pass!? :rolleyes:  

Looks like that person could be bothered to reverse 😂. Lol I just have to see how things go. Its surprising hearing about my cousin. 

So here's how the car looked when on the house. That spray on ceramic sealant really helped in beading. Better than I've ever seen. DSC_0499.thumb.JPG.321b3d7d7ec8b534ae0f25b8d498ffda.JPGDSC_0500.thumb.JPG.9486cbf7f42c433dfc48b729590b29e9.JPG_20190922_143235.thumb.JPG.3380f776617ebb9c4171ff862a5adbe4.JPG

This is after going to a short trip. Just about all the water beaded off as if no water was on there 🤯DSC_0503.thumb.JPG.fe0207ac980fb70d6b25dae70b902990.JPG

• Like 1

I do like utilising one of the last "hot" days here by cutting the front and back lawns and doing a general tidy up.  If anything it was too warm to do the more in depth weeding on my hands and knees so I'll do that next weekend when it's cooler.  Knowing my luck it'll be snowing and I'll wish I did it today! :laughing:

After all that I came inside to cool down and ended up cleaning the entire bathroom.  So much for a relaxing Sunday... :rolleyes1:

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club