Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

That's nuts coming from a 3 cylinder engine 馃憣

It's 200bhp standard anyway, whereas the Mk7 1.6 has to be聽on overboost to achieve that. It's an impressive piece of engineering.

• Like 1

There not going to be Any good in the wet though!聽

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, zain611 said:

My new tires arrived. Uniroyal rainsport 5s

Screenshot_20210515-130047~2.png

Screenshot_20210515-130133~2.png

Get an extra few miles out of them by leaving the wrap on 馃槄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Get an extra few miles out of them by leaving the wrap on 馃槄

Even tyres now need to wear a mask due to covid.聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, iantt said:

Probably keep them wrapped up. Will slow down the tread wear 馃槀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

That's a pretty slick idea聽馃き

• Haha 2

I like being able to get back to things like this:.聽https://thewolfrun.com/

After 18 months of solo exercise it will be great to get back into a big group event, everyone getting muddy and having a giggle.

Me and a mate from work have booked in for the autumn wolf.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

My new tires arrived. Uniroyal rainsport 5s

I really rate Uniroyals.聽 Excellent tyres and not stupidly expensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I really rate Uniroyals.聽 Excellent tyres and not stupidly expensive.

I just had a look at the price of them for the ST (205/40 R17), and they're only about 拢7聽less聽than Michelin Pilot Sport 4s at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I just had a look at the price of them for the ST (205/40 R17), and they're only about 拢9 less聽than Michelin Pilot Sport 4s at the moment.

Where did you see that? Starting to wonder now 馃槀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I like being able to get back to things like this:.聽https://thewolfrun.com/

After 18 months of solo exercise it will be great to get back into a big group event, everyone getting muddy and having a giggle.

Me and a mate from work have booked in for the autumn wolf.

Looks fun that. Think since I finished university and school I haven't had any real working or exercise to keep my cardio up

50 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Where did you see that? Starting to wonder now 馃槀

Blackcircles, where I bought my Pilot Sport 4s...

If you buy 2 Pilot Sport 4s they're 10% off right now - so 拢96 each.

Rainsport 5s are 拢89 each.

Those prices are for 205/40 R17, and include聽fitting.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Blackcircles, where I bought my Pilot Sport 4s...

If you buy 2 Pilot Sport 4s they're 10% off right now - so 拢96 each.

Rainsport 5s are 拢89 each.

Those prices are for 205/40 R17, and include聽fitting.

Ah okay so about 拢178 for 2 fitted. Really then I might save about 拢13. Tires were around 拢135 together then about 拢30 I'll try and get for swapping and balancing them so about 拢165 together

I do like getting to see this pretty little lot yesterday- all owned by a friend who owns the local Ford garage.

rs 1.jpeg

rs 2.jpeg

rs 3.jpeg

• Like 3

I do like the impressive thunder and lightening we've had here today...in between bright sunshine!

Latest thunder & hail storm even set the car alarm off!聽 Owned it nearly 3 years and never had that before. :unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like the impressive thunder and lightening we've had here today...in between bright sunshine!

Latest thunder & hail storm even set the car alarm off!聽 Owned it nearly 3 years and never had that before. :unsure:

Don't know if you knew Tom, there is a web site that shows real time lightning strikes. Maybe I'm a bit sad but you can see just how close they are when they are happening and also if they are heading your way.

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like a bit of Thunder......

I'll get my coat! 馃槂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like my new 'chimney'! The original, barely 30 years old, was weathered that badly is was a danger with every passing storm. When the contractor suggested removing it, rather than rebuilding the stack (very expensive!), I was horrified at the suggestion as though I don't use the fire much, I still wanted it functional. He then explained his solution. Great job, now maintenance free, and had some ventilation tiles installed in roof at same time... I'll post the 'crowd funding' link soon LOL

375352161_beforeandafterfinish.thumb.jpg.0a199087d2d32a630b19565f33679287.jpg

1386316531_ventilationtiles.thumb.jpg.24baf2bddf9430800da947b6c01c60e3.jpg

• Like 5

Got the car cleaned and put the new tires on

Screenshot_20210524-125106~2.png

Screenshot_20210524-214855~2.png

• Like 2

I'm happy to say I started my new and first job in my local hospital. Nothing special just a healthcare support worker in A&E.聽

Currently on a break as the manager didn't get any heads up about me starting so waiting till 9am for HR opens.聽

Hopefully if it works out I do 3 days a week here and try and do 2 days a week in the mortgage broker. Will be happy with that as I'll be doing both things.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

聽Nothing special just a healthcare support worker in A&E.聽

ALL posts in the NHS are special! It's not 'just' anything. Enjoy the job mate 馃憤

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Turvey said:

ALL posts in the NHS are special! It's not 'just' anything. Enjoy the job mate 馃憤

You know what your right there. Just feel that sadly there being no trainee posts for the scientist career I wanted to get into it's a big steer in career however this hospital have apprenticeship programs in a lot of stuff so could try that out later to help me progress somewhere. I have my eye on the pharmacy apprenticeship. They also had dietician, radiographer and management Apprenticeship programs. This post I have is an apprenticeship. Most people in my post go into nursing which I'm not too keen on.

It's 37.5 hours work a week and will be doing 12.5 hour shifts. That means I'll only come in 3 days a week and have the rest of the week off to study. Might work weekends for the overtime pay plus it'll give me days in the week to go to the mortgage broker.聽

Hopefully it works out I go to both places getting expect from them and work my way up in both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Nothing special just a healthcare support worker in A&E.聽

When you're laying in A & E wondering if you have a future, all the people who help you seem pretty special!**

I can appreciate it's disappointing not getting where you were aiming after all your work and study. However, the NHS is a very big organisation with a lot of opportunities and at least you've now got a foot in the door! You may very well find you develop an interest in an area you hadn't even considered before, and find your career goes in a direction that you never thought of.

All the best wherever life takes you!馃榾

(** One of my nicest memories is of a day when I was scheduled for an operation late morning and had to be on "nil by mouth" from quite early. One of the nurses realised that would mean missing breakfast so brought me some tea and toast at about 5.30am! A small act of kindness like that can mean so much at an anxious time.)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

When you're laying in A & E wondering if you have a future, all the people who help you seem pretty special!**

I can appreciate it's disappointing not getting where you were aiming after all your work and study. However, the NHS is a very big organisation with a lot of opportunities and at least you've now got a foot in the door! You may very well find you develop an interest in an area you hadn't even considered before, and find your career goes in a direction that you never thought of.

All the best wherever life takes you!馃榾

(** One of my nicest memories is of a day when I was scheduled for an operation late morning and had to be on "nil by mouth" from quite early. One of the nurses realised that would mean missing breakfast so brought me some tea and toast at about 5.30am! A small act of kindness like that can mean so much at an anxious time.)

Thanks Eric, you are right there about opportunities like I found about the apprenticeship programs this hospital does. I'm happy at least hopefully I can start my career training as a mortgage advisor on the side whilst working and progressing in the hospital 馃榿

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club