Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I like that my piggybank (yes I have one and it's car shaped) is full of £1 & £2 coins to the value of over £400 so therefore it's time to contemplate a car gift.

Hint: sky coloured and part of a shark.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ummm...Grey teeth? :tongue:

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like the post-woman delivering my Bosch Super Plus wiper blades!  I was tempted to go for the Aero Twin wipers that I have on the Nissan, but they wouldn't look right on the Punto.  Besides, I actually find the Super Plus to be more durable and less fragile.

Until I got the Mk2 which has Aeros, I swore by Bosch Super Plus. 

To save having buy a pair every 12 month service, I used to order them in 'trade' outers of 10 sets:smile:

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I like that my piggybank (yes I have one and it's car shaped) is full of £1 & £2 coins to the value of over £400 so therefore it's time to contemplate a car gift.

Hint: sky coloured and part of a shark.

Saving spare change is a very handy way of saving without noticing you're doing it.

A mate of mine pays for his annual Le Mans trip with the £2 coins he put aside in a 1 gallon whisky bottle.

bluetooth?

• Like 1

Dad's new car! Looking forward to picking it up in March.

Screenshot_2016-01-30-15-44-03-1.thumb.p

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

nice:smile:

• Like 1

I do like abandoning the idea of cleaning the car and/or going out, instead opting for a glass of red wine.  Mmm.

I'd have thought the ST would be mental enough without bluefin!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

nice:yes:

I see the tailgate is lower on them now, probably still too high for the older dog

Why is he waiting until March? is it just for the 16 plate?

• Like 1

Thanks. :smile:

Yes this a MK2 Sport (2014 -) which has a very different design to the old one! Yes it may be a bit high, but you can lower the air suspension into 'access height' which would help. My mums friend has an XC90 and uses a ramp so her old black lab can get into it.

Yes there's no rush to get it as he already has a Defender, so an extra 4 weeks isn't a problem. Awesome car though, the old one was brilliant and this one will be even better. Been boosted to 306bhp too! I discovered today it even has a fridge in the centre console! :cool:

Give it a few years and hopefully I can be put on the insurance and 'chauffeur' him around in it. :laugh:

• Like 1

After my previous moans in here, I did like having a car day today where nothing went wrong...and someone else did the 'laying on the floor' parts so I didn't have to lol.  Bit of a shame I can't shift the anxiety no matter how long I'm out though, but still, I feel better now than I did this morning so I guess that's a good thing lol.  Car was even driveable once we'd finished, first time in about a year! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Thanks. :smile:

Yes this a MK2 Sport (2014 -) which has a very different design to the old one! Yes it may be a bit high, but you can lower the air suspension into 'access height' which would help. My mums friend has an XC90 and uses a ramp so her old black lab can get into it.

Yes there's no rush to get it as he already has a Defender, so an extra 4 weeks isn't a problem. Awesome car though, the old one was brilliant and this one will be even better. Been boosted to 306bhp too! I discovered today it even has a fridge in the centre console! :cool:

Give it a few years and hopefully I can be put on the insurance and 'chauffeur' him around in it. :laugh:

One of my mates has the older one, whilst his two (Irish Setter and Collie) can jump straight in.  Brandy looks all forlorn and embarrassed, has to be lifted. 

Mind you, depending on where I'm parked, she's finding the Focus a little bit too high on occasions.

I must make her a ramp:smile: Or a lift, if i can find an ex-wheelchair mobility car being scrapped, that has a lift on it

• Like 1

After my previous moans in here, I did like having a car day today where nothing went wrong...and someone else did the 'laying on the floor' parts so I didn't have to lol.  Bit of a shame I can't shift the anxiety no matter how long I'm out though, but still, I feel better now than I did this morning so I guess that's a good thing lol.  Car was even driveable once we'd finished, first time in about a year! :)

One thing that works sometimes for me is thinking of the worst occasion that I have successfully got through, I focus on the nerves and feelings I had back then and I purposely make myself feel those nerves and feelings again, then I ask myself whether the current situation is as bad as that time? If no then I work hard at reassuring myself that if I got through that, I can get through this...

It's the little victories all the time that matter, even if you feel useless and that the 'victory' was meaningless in comparison to others, it's important to remind yourself that you have to walk before you can run etc... And when you're low the little victories are the easiest to achieve and can mean the most when you really consider where they're taking you..

• Like 2

I do like mine and Cheryl's version of 'Netflix & chill' which is old school, 2 dvd's and a bowl of popcorn on the sofa.  We haven't had movie night since we first moved in together. DVD's consisted of Age Of Ultron & Legend, both of which were brilliant films.  

I'd have thought the ST would be mental enough without bluefin!

A little bit more can't hurt though :d

TBH I can't decide between Bluefin or a proper remap.

I like that Bluefin is easy to take off before servicing but the bespoke remap would be more customised.

Choices choices..... ???

• Like 1

One thing that works sometimes for me is thinking of the worst occasion that I have successfully got through, I focus on the nerves and feelings I had back then and I purposely make myself feel those nerves and feelings again, then I ask myself whether the current situation is as bad as that time? If no then I work hard at reassuring myself that if I got through that, I can get through this...

It's the little victories all the time that matter, even if you feel useless and that the 'victory' was meaningless in comparison to others, it's important to remind yourself that you have to walk before you can run etc... And when you're low the little victories are the easiest to achieve and can mean the most when you really consider where they're taking you..

Last "Netflix & chill" I had was more like "amazon Prime alone in bed" lol

Time before that ended up being "Minecraft until 5am" lol

(She chose it lol)

• Like 1

Interview went well, got to 'prove myself' with a on the job placement tomorrow then I find out :smile:

• Like 4

Best of luck.

Knock them dead :d

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Interview went well, got to 'prove myself' with a on the job placement tomorrow then I find out :smile:

Best of luck! 

• Like 1

Good luck Laurie:smile:

Brandy's gone for an extra walk with my Foci owning neighbour

15 hours ago, SeanW said:

Last "Netflix & chill" I had was more like "Amazon Prime alone in bed" lol

Time before that ended up being "Minecraft until 5am" lol

(She chose it lol)

Exactly this  ^^^:yes:

I do like giving the £100 Punto a good clean inside and out (I was lazy with the outside and just used the jet-wash).

WP_20160131_16_37_39_Pro.thumb.jpg.ad040

WP_20160131_16_37_45_Pro.thumb.jpg.4177fWP_20160131_16_37_54_Pro.thumb.jpg.39a6eWP_20160131_16_38_19_Pro.thumb.jpg.43837

WP_20160131_16_37_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20160131_16_38_05_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

That's cleaned up quite nicely, and in good condition for £100:smile:

I do like starting work at 10:00 instead of 09:00, especially when it is wild weather outside. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like starting work at 10:00 instead of 09:00, especially when it is wild weather outside. 

Is that Henry? Or is Gertrude still lashing Scotland.

We're supposed to be getting some heavy rain from Henry's backside later today, but not much in the way of wind.

I do like moving the Focus on to the drive, finally after putting a new battery in.:smile: 

Moment of hilarity ensued when I started it up and couldn't work out why I had no throttle.

:oops: I'd forgotten to plug the MAF back in:laugh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club