Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

12 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

100 Acres of carrots is beautiful sights, all in their neat rows arrow straight.  The amount they dump in random piles because of 'defects' is unreal.  Would quite like to do all the growing things especially with the kids as I feel it is VITALLY important that children realise where their food comes from and how it is made etc, so you could say I'd like to have a passion in that sort of area, my only trouble as mentioned before, is time, money, space(unless I Can sweet talk the in law, who might I add is already paying for our wedding and brought our house for us, then space is no object).  It is really interesting learning about growing different things, especially the amount of different maintenance/technique they require 

If you want, you can PM me with your address, I can send you a spare copy of a veg growing book which was shows you all the basics and more in an illustrated form, which would be ideal to learn with your kids.

Radishes always get mentioned when starting out gardening with kids, they're ready in around 6 weeks. For even faster kids orientated gardening, sprouted seeds in a jar, 4-5 day from "sowing" to plate.

Does Casper get Hi-Life rawhide chews?  The jar they come in makes an ideal seed sprouting jar with a little modification to the lid.

1 minute ago, GMX said:

If you want, you can PM me with your address, I can send you a spare copy of a veg growing book which was shows you all the basics and more in an illustrated form, which would be ideal to learn with your kids.

Radishes always get mentioned when starting out gardening with kids, they're ready in around 6 weeks. For even faster kids orientated gardening, sprouted seeds in a jar, 4-5 day from "sowing" to plate.

Does Casper get Hi-Life rawhide chews?  The jar they come in makes an ideal seed sprouting jar with a little modification to the lid.

Honestly?? That would be brilliant, thanks a lot, i'll send one over now.  No he doesn't as he has a sensitive stomach, so has gluten free food, the lawn doesn't like runny poo lol, neither does my lawnmower

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Food comes from Tesco doesn't it? :unsure:

I saw a programme on all that wasted veg due to 'defects', who cares if a carrot is a bit wonky or short!!  I never realised how much is just ploughed back in. :(

Most of my carrots would fail the supermarket test

7 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Honestly?? That would be brilliant, thanks a lot, i'll send one over now.  No he doesn't as he has a sensitive stomach, so has gluten free food, the lawn doesn't like runny poo lol, neither does my lawnmower

In that case, would you like a spare seed sprouting too and something to sprout, to go with it?  Brandy used to have Hi-life chews a lot before she discovered pork swords, which is the same thing only longer, a 1200mm longer.  I have quite few spare sprouters.

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I saw a programme on all that wasted veg due to 'defects', who cares if a carrot is a bit wonky or short!!  I never realised how much is just ploughed back in. :(

It's very sad, especially as we have all those people STARVING when we could simply give them those "defective" vegetables for free.

55 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It's very sad, especially as we have all those people STARVING when we could simply give them those "defective" vegetables for free.

True, and even for those of us that can afford to buy food, still sell it but maybe discount it or something.  While giving it to starving people is obviously morally good, it doesn't get the farmers any more money for it.  One of the farms on the programme, I believe it was a parsnip farm, actually had to close down as it was no longer financially viable due to the amount of wastage.  Seems mad that supermarkets don't understand (or don't care?) about the consequences of the daft cosmetic rules.

If it was my choice, I'd have them sell everything edible, with a discount on the wonky ones, and when they're reaching the end of the shelf life, give them away rather than bin them.  Gets the farmers more money, gives the starving some food and would make us healthier as well, I'd eat more veg if it was cheaper, not fussed how wonky it is lol.

• Like 2

I do like today is my daughters 12th birthday and she loves the pressie we bought for her (x box one), she can't wait to finish school so she can play on it :smile:

Great, another 12 year old to thrash me at Call of Duty online haha. :D

It's also Facebooks 12th birthday today, didn't realise it'd been going that long myself!

• Like 3

Facebooks 12? Really? Feels like it's been going longer lol

I remember the days when I could do without it, now I read it like you would a newspaper lol can't be without salesman memes and idiot UK drivers exposed lol even if most of the content is tosh 

Yep, 12 today, hence the 'friendship video' things on there this morning.

I'm trying to remember what we used the internet for before facebook and youtube haha...  Just car forums and eBay I guess lol.

15 hours ago, GMX said:

Most of my carrots would fail the supermarket test

In that case, would you like a spare seed sprouting too and something to sprout, to go with it?  Brandy used to have Hi-life chews a lot before she discovered pork swords, which is the same thing only longer, a 1200mm longer.  I have quite few spare sprouters.

I don't want to ask for to much lol.  I have some old kilner jars & paper cups etc and we can easily buy seeds from somewhere, thanks for offering though!

15 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I agree, another thing I'm quite on is homeless people, you see all these derelict buildings etc, why not convert them, give the homeless a free house & a job BUT the job helps pay towards the house and whatever they have spare is to get them on their feet again.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if it's short or wonky, it's how you use it... :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, 12 today, hence the 'friendship video' things on there this morning.

I'm trying to remember what we used the internet for before facebook and youtube haha...  Just car forums and ebay I guess lol.

Usenet

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

I don't want to ask for to much lol.  I have some old kilner jars & paper cups etc and we can easily buy seeds from somewhere, thanks for offering though!

I agree, another thing I'm quite on is homeless people, you see all these derelict buildings etc, why not convert them, give the homeless a free house & a job BUT the job helps pay towards the house and whatever they have spare is to get them on their feet again.

Various homeless charities have proposed that before, it then gets bogged down in red tape and procrastination

Everyone thinks it's a good idea but no-one will pass the necessary legislation to alter building control and planning laws.

There is a scheme that is for homeless ex-service people, Channel 4 did a documentary about it, both the Princes are involved

Trouble is with ideas like that some thieving gits take advantage and make a stack of cash out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMX said:

Usenet

Various homeless charities have proposed that before, it then gets bogged down in red tape and procrastination

Everyone thinks it's a good idea but no-one will pass the necessary legislation to alter building control and planning laws.

There is a scheme that is for homeless ex-service people, Channel 4 did a documentary about it, both the Princes are involved

I didn't know there was one for ex service people, learn something new everyday.  

1 hour ago, Philf1 said:

Trouble is with ideas like that some thieving gits take advantage and make a stack of cash out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I know that's the trouble.  Everyone would get tarred with the same brush as well and I guess nobody could be trusted either.  Also no doubt there would need to be evidence provided of homelessness as well lol.  

Sitting in the back of a 15 plate Transit Custom with leather seats! :biggrin:

Feel sorry for some of my friends that are in one of the schools transits...itso limited to 62mph so we are way in front now! :laugh:

I like that my breathing difficulties this week are finally beginning to calm down :-/

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

I do like my Friday night treat to myself - doughnuts and a G&T (first of many, trust me!).

WP_20160205_18_48_17_Pro.jpg

33 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like my Friday night treat to myself - doughnuts and a G&T (first of many, trust me!).

WP_20160205_18_48_17_Pro.jpg

I note that your chair has the same upholstery that Brandy's patio cushion used to have before it was recovered in 2014, with neon orange fleecy felt

I haven't had a doughnut for a while:sad:

46 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Lidl donuts?

How the heck did you know that!? :unsure:

25 minutes ago, GMX said:

I note that your chair has the same upholstery that Brandy's patio cushion used to have before it was recovered in 2014, with neon orange fleecy felt

I haven't had a doughnut for a while:sad:

It's green velour, bought from a second-hand shop about 4 years ago for £50 (3-seater and 2 armchairs).  It is in mint condition apart from some scratching to the back of the 3-seater thanks to Buttons!  A lot of people think it is old fashioned (which it is, I suppose), but I'd never replace it because leather is either too cold or too hot and cloth is too harsh.  Velour is just right, being soft and never too cold or too hot.

Ohhh those donuts from Lidl are well nice, they're the only shop brought ones that don't make me feel sick.  We used to have a velour sofa, when we moved into our 1st house, was really comfy but to old fashioned for us, then we went to faux leather & now we have a nice cloth corner sofa with leather arms, it was worth the money it cost

23 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

It's green velour, bought from a second-hand shop about 4 years ago for £50 (3-seater and 2 armchairs).  It is in mint condition apart from some scratching to the back of the 3-seater thanks to Buttons!  A lot of people think it is old fashioned (which it is, I suppose), but I'd never replace it because leather is either too cold or too hot and cloth is too harsh.  Velour is just right, being soft and never too cold or too hot.

Brandy's patio cushion started out life as an armchair seat cushion, the fat T shape type. It was rescued from a neighbour who was going to throw it out together with it's accompanying chair.  It took her 14 years to wear it a bit thin.  Which I think was more to do with it being used on a stone patio than vigorous curling up and snoozing by Brandy.

I'm not a fan of leather upholstery in home either.  It's more suited to cars and boats.  Although Brandy might disagree, from her sliding about in the BMW, when corners were taken, or brakes were  applied! :ohmy:  Both my sofas have cloth upholstery, one has been in the family since early 1960's, it has been re-upholstered twice, along with the companion armchairs.  The other sofa is younger and was bought in 2013. 

I inherited a full recliner, both front and back drop so it's basically a bed lol...  It's cloth though and is a pain to clean, leather definitely wins ease of cleaning!

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I inherited a full recliner, both front and back drop so it's basically a bed lol...  It's cloth though and is a pain to clean, leather definitely wins ease of cleaning!

That is one advantage of leather.

After my Dad had his first stroke, his co-ordination and eyesight weren't what they were before, the sofa found itself the recipient of many a cup of tea and coffee, not to mention various sloppy snacks and moist cakes spillage.  Although the steam cleaner removed all stains and messes quite quickly.  Cloth upholstery without a steam cleaner would equal arduous manual cleansing:unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club