Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max 2017 parcel shelf/tonneau cover fitting

Jam2020

Hi there,

Recently bought a 2017 s-max, but have found that the retractable tonneau cover:

1) Only just holds in place. It appears too narrow for the width of the car at the tailgate end. Anymore than a delicate boot close dislodges the cover. 

2) Doesn’t seem to cover the whole boot area. There is a gap at the tailgate end that means the contents of the boot is visible the anyone looking in. 

Has anyone else experience this - found any solutions for it?

ive seen some eBay ads for an “small extra parcel shelf” that supposedly clips into the tailgate itself. The car does appear to have clips on the tailgate - but can’t find much online to confirm that this sort of product is valid/genuine. 

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The 3x clips on the boot bellow the window is for a mesh insert, thats not part of the parcel shelf. There is also another cover you can get that clips onto the shelf and fills the gap between the shelf and the back seats. I will measure the width of my shelf for you and check for a part number so you can check your own, to make sure it’s the correct one for the car.  Main mounting point should be about 143cm, when fixed in place and the cover section plastic ends that catch on the side panels to hold it in place are about 117cm.  

• 1 year later...

Jam2020 did you ever get a resolution to the poorly fitting luggage cover? 

I have exactly the same issue where the rear appears too narrow for the slots and barely holds in place.

I have a spare cover for a Mk2 S-Max if anyone reading this topic finds that they need one... 

• 8 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:00 PM, Meta55 said:

The 3x clips on the boot bellow the window is for a mesh insert, thats not part of the parcel shelf. There is also another cover you can get that clips onto the shelf and fills the gap between the shelf and the back seats. I will measure the width of my shelf for you and check for a part number so you can check your own, to make sure it’s the correct one for the car.  Main mounting point should be about 143cm, when fixed in place and the cover section plastic ends that catch on the side panels to hold it in place are about 117cm.  

Does anyone know where I can get these three clips from for the tailgate? Mine have all snapped over time, but I'm not even sure what they're called to hunt around online for them! 

• 4 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, foxy12 said:

I have a spare cover for a Mk2 S-Max if anyone reading this topic finds that they need one... 

Is this still available? 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club