Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand new fiesta headlight issue

Katimac
聽Share

Hello all,

last week I bought a brand new Fiesta Titanium from my local Ford dealer. The other day I noticed marks inside the headlight casing. 聽I鈥檓 assuming this will be covered by the car warranty? 聽Also wonder what could have caused this?

Any comments would be appreciated thanks 馃槉

EF61349A-7C9C-4188-8904-E99D2141D6EF.jpeg

That will be covered by the warranty for sure. New headlights required. Some manufacturing flaw inside the headlamp causes it when the headlamp warms up in the sun.( Not that I've seen much sun round here except for today?聽

Condensation is my guess

Thanks a lot for the replies, absolutely adore this car and I鈥檓 anxious to get it fixed 馃憤

3 hours ago, Katimac said:

Thanks a lot for the replies, absolutely adore this car and I鈥檓 anxious to get it fixed 馃憤

You may a little wait, the headlights are in short supply.聽

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I鈥檇 post an update in case anybody else has this issue. 聽I phoned the garage and there is a recall on the new Fiesta as there is a known problem with condensation building up in the headlight casing. 聽Booked in next Friday to get fixed, I鈥檒l post an聽update after. 聽Thanks again for the advice. 聽聽

• Thanks 2

Certainly look like water marks.

Been a change to the fix, new headlights no longer required. But they may need your car 2 days

Almost looks like the sort of thing you see when the lacquer clear coat on cars聽 bubbles, could the inside of the light have some sort of coating applied that is sort of delaminating? Looks a weird sort of condensation mark, looks more like a virus growing in a petri dish!

• 3 months later...

Has your headlight problem been sorted? I have same issue on a recall

• 1 month later...

hi i have the same issue but strangely only in one lamp, did Ford sort out the issue for you?

They're messing me about.

Regards Keith聽

20200828_124127.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i just buy the new Fiesta ST Line and have the same issue, i hope they will change both headlights, but they tell me something about聽 new way to fix it, they drop some liquid from lamp hole to remove聽 the limestone water marks, than dry it with air compressor, they are waiting for that special liquid to book the intervention.

119127207_10160145762212067_7431022151203883107_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new 2020 fiesta Vignale they headlights were changed before i picked up due to the condensation issue. Does anyone have an issue with the headlight level ? I have had this back at the dealer as the light beam seems to be very low they lifted it a bit they said to above the normal setting but I still think they are very poor headlights for a brand new car. It has the function that automatically dips full beam when a car is detected in front, is this the way ford intend you to drive ?聽

On 10/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, stevie371 said:

Got a new 2020 fiesta Vignale they headlights were changed before i picked up due to the condensation issue. Does anyone have an issue with the headlight level ? I have had this back at the dealer as the light beam seems to be very low they lifted it a bit they said to above the normal setting but I still think they are very poor headlights for a brand new car. It has the function that automatically dips full beam when a car is detected in front, is this the way ford intend you to drive ?聽

The dipped beam doesn't light up much of the road ahead. It's meant not to dazzle oncoming vehicles.聽

• 5 months later...

My partner bought a new fiesta last year and they also told us of the defective headlights and sure enough there are some blemish spots on the inside of the lens. We booked the car in for the problem to be fixed and they are telling us that they need to take the headlights apart in order to fix it.

My question to you guys is should Ford be replacing brand new headlights rather than them having to take them apart? It seems wrong that when there is a defect from the time of manufacturing that they need to start dismantling things.

Imagine if that was say for instance the engine was defective聽and they said sorry we need to take the engine apart. That should never be, they should fit another brand new engine surely

What are peoples thoughts on this, should we insist on having brand new headlights to be fitted?

They are not dismantling the headlights. Only removing the headlight so they can clean the blemish/ marks with a methylated spirits type solution. Then remove a small tab inside headlight to stop the issue recouring. It's nothing major at all.聽

• 1 month later...

Many thanks all of you, got the same problem. The garage are going to swap them from a different fiesta.......hope there is no difference between my vignale headlights and standard fiesta? ie) the daytime led etc

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a new fiesta vignale in Oct, 聽when I聽picked the car聽up, it came 聽on the ford app that there聽was a recall on the head lights. when I聽said to the sale's rep, he looked on the list of recalls,聽聽there聽was not anything. But as we went through winter I聽did notice 聽one night, when it was frosty, half of the drivers head light was condensed up.聽聽I've聽had it in the dealer's garage,聽but聽said聽it was not within the recalled.聽Now listening聽to other聽people I聽am going to be watching out more carefully, I聽think this is a safety issue and ford should聽 be on top of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Mum had the same issue and wasn't aware of the recall,聽 then lights wouldn't work one night and a few months later garage is talking about corroded parts and re-wiring the car. She asked for an extra year on her warranty聽but garage聽doesn't seem interested. Any advice what she should do?

17 hours ago, looneytongueben said:

Hi everyone.

Mum had the same issue and wasn't aware of the recall,聽 then lights wouldn't work one night and a few months later garage is talking about corroded parts and re-wiring the car. She asked for an extra year on her warranty聽but garage聽doesn't seem interested. Any advice what she should do?

A garage wouldn't add聽warranty聽on top of聽warranty聽聽just because you've had to use the聽warranty聽to get parts replaced, trying to get anything out of Ford garages in terms of聽warranty聽聽is hard work unless its a direct instruction from Ford like this issue was. Only way they'll extend the聽warranty period is if you pay for it, at least in my experience.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club