Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please advise ( again )

foggydewhurst

Hello I recently started a topic about my battery, about a week ago the car would not start and the rescue people started it for me . I have been runing the car to keep the battery topped up.I ran it twice today with no problems and  ordered a smart charger from Halfords, which i was going to pick up tomorrow. However I have just been to the car and it wont respond to both my key fobs.I can't even get in. What should I do ? If I  manually open the car with the key and can't start the engine  will the alarm go off. Do you think my battery has died . The rescue people won't come out again for the same problem. I'm up the creek without a paddle

I don't mind paying for another battery ,

Can anyone advise, many , thanks in advance

Sounds like ur battery has gone altogether is ur car keyless entry?

Thanks for the reply Chris82fezza, to my disbelief the car has now unlocked. What on earth is going on. The car is not keyless entry .Just been out and the car started fine. I feel like i'm going bonkers . Maybe if the car starts tomorrow I shoud get it to a Ford dealer

When was the last time it had a good run out I know it's hard at the min but the battery olny gets a good charge when driving idling on the drive won't really help ud be better off leaving it until needed 

12 minutes ago, Chris82fezza said:

When was the last time it had a good run out I know it's hard at the min but the battery olny gets a good charge when driving idling on the drive won't really help ud be better off leaving it until needed 

Since the initial problem a week ago, I have been taking it out on the M!, the other day i did about 80 miles, today I took it out twice on the M1 at 70mp  for about 30 mins each time.I borrowed a multimeter earlier the reading was 12.1 , just took another  which was 11.8, these sound bad according to google.

If its holding charge now try not to look into it so much it will drive u insane is there no garages near u were u could get it checked out 

I will sleep on things and see what tomorow brings. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club