Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 ST-Line Oil cooler placement

Hash

So Iv got a Fiesta ST-line (my first car) and i'm slowly upgrading parts so that i can get it mapped eventually. So far I have done the down pipe, exhaust, full induction hoses and chaged the filter to the cone filter and then the final upgrade that i have done is the Airtec intercooler.

I have also bought an oil cooler but it came with no instructions or anything. So i don't know where it goes or which pipes i need to connect to it. i cant find any decent videos or instructions anywhere and iv emailed companies for any help they could give. I found nothing.

Here is the link to the oil cooler

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/product/airtec-motorsport-universal-oil-cooler-8-or-10-an-fittings/

Im a complete novice as this is my first car and first project car so it may be easier than i think.

But i think this place is now my last hope. DOES ANYONE know where this is fitted and which pipes i need to attach to it?

• Like 1

Hello! Nice mod list you got there mate. Got any pics? I'm interested in your project.

As for the oil cooler, you could front mount it with custom made brackets behind your radiator or even straight in front of it. I guess you're gonna take that mk8 to the track a lot, since for a daily driver this wouldn't be as crucial.

Check out this link, it might give you some insights: https://www.howacarworks.com/modifications/how-to-fit-an-oil-radiator .

Hope it helps. 

There's no 'proper' way to mount it as it's a universal kit rather than car specific.  Ideally you want as much air through it as possible, in front of the radiators, just behind the grill opening would be best, you can easily make your own bracket by cutting and bending some steel, and drilling bolt holes through it. 

Have you got the oil pipes and a sandwich plate to go with the cooler?

The sandwich plate fits between the oil filter and filter housing.  This is what gives you the oil pipe connections.  You can then measure from there, a good route around the radiators to the oil cooler, to decided how long the oil pipes will need to be.

As suggested above, it's a lot of work for a B road basher, only really worth it if you're going on track.  I have also repaired a mates car after the cooling fan cut through one of the lines...the pressurised oil plus the action of the fan blew oil absolutely everywhere!! :laugh:  We decided just to leave the oil cooler off after that, amazingly no damage was done to the engine, but it was an old NA in fairness not a turbo'd engine.

2 hours ago, Eliterox said:

Hello! Nice mod list you got there mate. Got any pics? I'm interested in your project.

As for the oil cooler, you could front mount it with custom made brackets behind your radiator or even straight in front of it. I guess you're gonna take that mk8 to the track a lot, since for a daily driver this wouldn't be as crucial.

Check out this link, it might give you some insights: https://www.howacarworks.com/modifications/how-to-fit-an-oil-radiator .

Hope it helps. 

Hi 

yh im planning on taking it to a track in future. After I get a stage 3 map done once iv put in a new turbo.

as for images of what iv done so far, if you use instagram then i have a story section called 'First Car' (this is my first car as you can tell) and it has images and videos of everything iv done so far

https://www.instagram.com/hashil8/?hl=en

Thanks for the link

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's no 'proper' way to mount it as it's a universal kit rather than car specific.  Ideally you want as much air through it as possible, in front of the radiators, just behind the grill opening would be best, you can easily make your own bracket by cutting and bending some steel, and drilling bolt holes through it. 

Have you got the oil pipes and a sandwich plate to go with the cooler?

The sandwich plate fits between the oil filter and filter housing.  This is what gives you the oil pipe connections.  You can then measure from there, a good route around the radiators to the oil cooler, to decided how long the oil pipes will need to be.

As suggested above, it's a lot of work for a B road basher, only really worth it if you're going on track.  I have also repaired a mates car after the cooling fan cut through one of the lines...the pressurised oil plus the action of the fan blew oil absolutely everywhere!! :laugh:  We decided just to leave the oil cooler off after that, amazingly no damage was done to the engine, but it was an old NA in fairness not a turbo'd engine.

Hahaha Yh I bought this car brand new so not quite as old as your mates so hopefully shouldn’t have this problem. 
It will be more than a Broad basher once I’m done with it Hahahaha. Planning on getting that stage 3 map. Check out what iv made it look like now! A beast!!

that cooler is all that came with the packaging. No extra pipes or brackets. This is what has lead me to think that the pipes are already in the engine at. Just need to disconnect from where they are and reconnect to the cooler. But no idea which pipes or anything. 

A7C806B9-27D9-4373-B60D-02AD249239CF.jpeg

• Like 1

What engine is it?  Be interesting to know what it's putting out now even before a map as you've done some proper mods there.

4 hours ago, Hash said:

that cooler is all that came with the packaging. No extra pipes or brackets. This is what has lead me to think that the pipes are already in the engine at. Just need to disconnect from where they are and reconnect to the cooler. But no idea which pipes or anything. 

A7C806B9-27D9-4373-B60D-02AD249239CF.jpeg

The pipes aren't already there, it's just a universal cooler that you could fit to any car, you will need extra parts I'm afraid.  It's like buying a TV...you'd have to buy your own wall bracket and aerial cables.  

It does look great so far...and sounds great on the Insta story too!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

What engine is it?  Be interesting to know what it's putting out now even before a map as you've done some proper mods there.

It’s only a tiny 1 litre (it’s my first car so need to build up on the insurance to get it reduced) but currently it’s at 140BHP.

Stage one get it to roughly 170. 

My plan is to get it to 200 minimum. Only 2 parts missing. A bigger turbo and forged pistons. Once these are implemented it’s ready for stage 3

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, Hash said:

It’s only a tiny 1 litre (it’s my first car so need to build up on the insurance to get it reduced) but currently it’s at 140BHP.

Stage one get it to roughly 170. 

My plan is to get it to 200 minimum. Only 2 parts missing. A bigger turbo and forged pistons. Once these are implemented it’s ready for stage 3

Hi.

If you do ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

18 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you do ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Dont worry mate. You're one of the companies on my list to check when it comes to renewal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club