Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 USB port in armrest help

jonnytaunton

Hi!

I own a 2008 Style and I am slowly upgrading the car with features it never came with since I fell in love with the car. Recently bought a new armrest / centre console mostly for the 12V sockets and armrest for a very decent price but when I received it I noticed it seemed to have a USB port and an iPod holder inside the armrest compartment! I did some digging and found this was tied to the "Sound & Connect" package which my car did not come with. I upgraded to the Sony 6CD DAB stereo from the 6000CD a while ago which seemed to be one of the compatible options for the "Sound & Connect" package and since I still use my iPod regularly I am eager to get the kit required to make this surprise USB work as intended. 

Anyway, my question with this is has anyone found a cheap way to make just the USB port work as I am not too fussed about the bluetooth voice element? If not and I need to get the whole set of modules, what parts do I need and how would I go about making this work?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, jonnytaunton said:

Hi!

I own a 2008 Style and I am slowly upgrading the car with features it never came with since I fell in love with the car. Recently bought a new armrest / centre console mostly for the 12V sockets and armrest for a very decent price but when I received it I noticed it seemed to have a USB port and an iPod holder inside the armrest compartment! I did some digging and found this was tied to the "Sound & Connect" package which my car did not come with. I upgraded to the Sony 6CD DAB stereo from the 6000CD a while ago which seemed to be one of the compatible options for the "Sound & Connect" package and since I still use my iPod regularly I am eager to get the kit required to make this surprise USB work as intended. 

Anyway, my question with this is has anyone found a cheap way to make just the USB port work as I am not too fussed about the bluetooth voice element? If not and I need to get the whole set of modules, what parts do I need and how would I go about making this work?

Thanks in advance!

You can can get a piggyback fuse added in the fuse box under the glove box then splice into the USB wires in the armrest. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club