Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel car almost cutting out

Batman91

Does anyone know why a diesel car would almost cut out a couple minutes after starting? The whole dashboard illuminates and the power steering goes hard but the car immediately continues to go without the engine cutting out?

I tried to connect my reader up to the OBD port but theres no power to it for some reason? Thanks everyone

Battery?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tested the voltage on it. With the engine off it was 12.6 I believe and 14.00 when the engine was running. Is that the correct voltage?

Usually a battery or alternator fault, have them tested at a Halfords or Wilko, as they can read the right voltages but still be way out of spec. If it's the 05 focus you have listed on your profile then I would be quite suspicious of the instrument cluster and the soldering on the pcb, a known and common fault is that the joints dry up and need to be reflowed on the mk2s so worth a check there too  if you're in any way electronically savvy. It's not overly difficult to do, but is something you don't want to mess up really.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club