Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Nav system lacks SD card

SamRick

I have just bought a Focus Estate Titanium X 2.0L TDCi, 61 plate (2011-12), which for me is a great change up from an 58 plate Fiesta, one of the first of the latest shape, with loads of built-in early design foibles and limitations.

When I first tried to examine the in-built Sony CD-SD Nav system on the Focus, it reported that there was no SD card installed. I haven't tried to contact the previous owner - it may be they retained it for their own replacement car. I may try to do that if necessary.

Please can anyone advise me, will I have to buy a new SD map card from the Ford shop, or are there cheaper alternatives? I have no experience of using in-built nav systems, only those you can use on a smart phone.

Another thought - reading the owner's manual (ugh!) I noticed a section on connecting a mobile phone (iPhone in my case) to the Sony system. Again can anyone advise me, would this be just for hands free phone use, or would it allow use of the tomtom GO app I already have installed on my iPhone? Typically, the owner's manual is very light on information of that sort.

All useful advice gratefully received. Thanks.

You buy a replacement either new from a dealer or a older version on eBay not to sure what is the most up to date one is if I’m honest a dealer should tell ya . The connection to the phone is for calls and music only 

Hi Sam, I have an old Sat Nav V2 SD card from a previous car, you're welcome to give it a try not sure which version of maps your car will support

Al

amazon do them for about 35 quid.

Latest for sync2 would be f7 I think.

Matt

1 hour ago, matt77303 said:

Latest for sync2 would be f7 I think.

F8 came out last year.

it will be sync1.0 that age (1.1 was in the very last 2014 ones) I put in F8 off eBay and it does a firmware update to 2015 when you load it... they go in horizontal but the slot wants it to go nearer 45 degrees... very odd, flat works, the angle the slot encourages doesn't, had to force it go in the way the old one came out (which had never been removed before)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club