Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Live Traffic - Data?

CombTech

Hi

I have recently enabled 'Live Traffic' on my 2017 S-Max Sync 3. Within the Fordpass App it states that it uses the phones data to get info etc. 

I have a Three dongle which I have installed in the car for WiFi and linked the Sync 3 to the dongle so that when I start the car, the dongle starts up and the sync 3 connects to it. Finally my question, will the Sync 3 only use the phone data or will it access the info via WiFi instead/as well.

Take care and stay safe.

If you mean the live traffic data ,Sync3 accesses this via its own on board SIM.

12 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

If you mean the live traffic data ,Sync3 accesses this via its own on board SIM.

I thought that the onboard sim was part of FordConnect. Apparently I don't have that has my FordPass data only updates when I have the app running and its connected to the car! 

After initial period usually warranty the live traffic subscription etc has to be paid for. You can see the expiration date in the Pass app under subscriptions

4 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

After initial period usually warranty the live traffic subscription etc has to be paid for. You can see the expiration date in the Pass app under subscriptions

Cant find Subs in the app but I did notice the terms and conditions have been updated to state this. Other than the caution warning when you approach camera, the services is pointless if you have CarPlay

Edit: - Found it under Live Traffic but specifies an end date as "--"

My Ford Owners account online shows my live traffic expires March 2023

On 6/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, brains_t said:

Cant find Subs in the app but I did notice the terms and conditions have been updated to state this. Other than the caution warning when you approach camera, the services is pointless if you have CarPlay

Edit: - Found it under Live Traffic but specifies an end date as "--"

Hi 

I have had to set up a monthly subscription to the 'Live Traffic" ₤1.49/Monthly (includes VAT)

I believe that my 2017 Vignale only updates data once my phone is connected and the FordPass App is running. So I don't believe the data would update over WiFi, as I'm unsure am hoping someone may know... The dealership where I bought the car doesn't want to / or can't help. 

IMG_8103.png

2 hours ago, CombTech said:

Hi 

I have had to set up a monthly subscription to the 'Live Traffic" ₤1.49/Monthly (includes VAT)

I believe that my 2017 Vignale only updates data once my phone is connected and the FordPass App is running. So I don't believe the data would update over WiFi, as I'm unsure am hoping someone may know... The dealership where I bought the car doesn't want to / or can't help. 

IMG_8103.png

I see Roadworks and incidents when my phone is connected via bluetooth but connecting via USB initiates Apple Car Play use Waze, which is my default Nav. FordPass App must be connecting somehow as it updates mileage and fuel gauge when using Car Play.

Not sure how I got the three years live data. I know when I first registered for FordPass, it took me to Ford US but as all the car detail was correct I enabled live data. I later registered via Ford UK Owners site, which shows it's expires 3/2023, I bought my 16 Smax in March this year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club