Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA MK7 2009 TDCI - STRANGE ISSUE

32-BOY

Hi everyone hopefully i can get some help i have 2009 1.4tdci fiesta.

I serviced the car done oil filter, oil and fuel filter change recently, got the fuel pumped as you do as im aware that they don't have the self priming system.

Anyhow since i have done that the car will go in to limp mode, got the faults scanned it was mass air flow so i replaced it, since then the car is still going in to limp mode above 3,5k it will just go in to limp mode. The light with the exclamation mark inside the cog comes on when switched off it will clear. My mate with diagnostics had a look through everything and all the sensors are plugged in. 

I ended up picking up the car after he cleared the faults, again gave it some... straight in to limp mode. Pulled over switched of and on. Ended up driving it the limp mode disappeared but the engine management light came on, drove with the engine management light on and the car drove perfect, had it plugged in it showed MAF again so i cleared it, went for a drive and bang straight in to limp mode with the exclamation in the cog symbol.

I have ordered another new MAF sensor and EGR blanking plate.

I have attached the photo of the codes 😎

Anyone have any ideas on possible causes would be great as im struggling to figure it out 

74965971_4695946197089701_592618037723574611_n.jpg

Faulty glow plugs can put these into limp mode so it's worth checking those seeing as it's a 'current' fault.

Cheap MAF's are usually rubbish btw, you'd be better off borrowing a known good MAF from a mates car if possible.  The MAF faults look more like a wiring issue than the MAF itself though.

Thanks for the reply i have ordered a set of glow plugs hopefully this will sort the issue i have another MAF sensor on way also just to rule out the possibility of it being that.

As to the EGR delete is a remap necessary? or just put the banking plate in to place and clear the codes?

Cheers 

Have you tested glow plugs with ohmmeter? Or circuit tester. Hard to access and sometimes snap when you try to remove which will really leave you in the s**t. I really wouldn’t change them unless you have checked that is the problem

To be honest i haven't tested them, ive ordered set of 4 and got a local mechanic fitting them for me also got the EGR blank and new MAF sensor another one. Car is at 90K mileage wise so i guess it wont hurt doing those things anyway as im planing on keeping it.

Fingers crossed the limp mode goes.

The question that remains is? Does it need a remap after the EGR delete or does that year just run without having it mapped out?

Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club