Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Improve security

Josy

Hi, new to ford's, just got a transit custom and been warned easy to break into so looking for extra security, can anyone recommend? 

Thanks 

Hi and welcome.

I'm looking to get a Transit or Tourneo Custom and have been researching for a while now. From what I've read the drivers door lock is a weak point and can be upgraded for a better shielded unit. There are also additional locks available to better secure the sliding door and rear barn doors, not sure on what is available of a tailgate. Have a look here

Another thing to note is that the spare wheel seems to be vulnerable to theft too, thieves just cut the wire that holds it up. The advice is to remove it and store it in the van if you can.

Other things are pedal locks, Disklok for steering wheel and relocating the ODBII port elsewhare to make it harder to Steal the van.

There's a Facebook page called COG (Custom Owners Group), have a look there too...COG link ... for more info, but just be wary that there can be a bit of banter and sarcasm on there, though someone will always be able to answer the question or offer suggestions. 

Good luck with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club