Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost rear passenger suspension striking metal

FFiesta1991

Hi guys,

This is a 2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0 100PS 3dr with 26,000 miles. As you can see in the image, the rear passenger side suspension spring when compressed during normal road usage is striking the metal part and causing loud bangs and screeches, as it goes back up.

The other side https://i.imgur.com/Zmk2INF.jpg you can clearly see there's a gap for the suspension and isn't making any noise.

How can this be fixed? I think the suspension has warped out of place during normal usage, or the metal around it has bent.

spacer.png

You should jack up the wheel and put a trolley jack under the axal to take the load off the bolt. Then undo the shock absorber lower bolt and lower the axal. Then turn the spring 180 degrees so the lowest part is not rubbing against the metal. That should fix it.

The end of the spring may have broken. Check for an unpainted/rusty/rough edge.

Ford replacements are quite expensive, but there are other m/f (from £12) that are OK from eBay etc.

If the spring is removed, check the top rubbers and when fitting make sure the locating "lugs" are positioned correctly.

Spring compressors are helpful and it is not a difficult task.

Springs, theoretically, should be replaced as a pair, but if you are not a pedant, you can wait until the other breaks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club