Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford rear badge

Monks600

Why is it, nearly, every mk3 focus seems to have the issue with the ford badge at the rear looking like someone has clawed at it and it’s full of white marks?

Same issue with mine and it be noticed it on a few mk3’s too. You’d think it would last a good while considering.... front badge is fine!

Question is, hairdryer and dental floss to remove the bugger or do I have to strip the boot to get access like I did for my reverse cam install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Mk2 rear badges were just as bad, and the Mk7 Fiesta...Ford don't seem to learn from their mistakes!  Even when it's literally the advert for their brand... :unsure: 

They're made of a thin alloy with a plastic coating over the top.  Water gets between the plastic and alloy and separates them.  It's just really poorly made tbh.  If the whole badge was encased in plastic then water wouldn't be able to get in so easily.  Or even just made of plastic like the front badge...don't see the need for the metal there at all tbh.

Ford used to replace the badges for free but stopped that a few years ago...don't think they could keep up with the demand! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Mine is the same. I just got some gel covers of  eBay and covered them. Looks better as it matches the cars colour

• Like 1

The Mk2 rear badges were just as bad, and the Mk7 Fiesta...Ford don't seem to learn from their mistakes!  Even when it's literally the advert for their brand... :unsure: 
They're made of a thin alloy with a plastic coating over the top.  Water gets between the plastic and alloy and separates them.  It's just really poorly made tbh.  If the whole badge was encased in plastic then water wouldn't be able to get in so easily.  Or even just made of plastic like the front badge...don't see the need for the metal there at all tbh.
Ford used to replace the badges for free but stopped that a few years ago...don't think they could keep up with the demand! :laugh: 

I might rock up to my local ford dealership and see if I can swindle a free badge. Replacements on eBay are around £20-£25 just for a badge! Glad I’m not the only one with this!

Mine is the same. I just got some gel covers of  ebay and covered them. Looks better as it matches the cars colour

Just had a look and they only cover the blue parts of the badge for me. It’s the silvers bits on the edge that are absolutely knackered. Good shout though!

May be of interest...

• Like 1

May be of interest...

Brill, thank you! :)

• Like 1

Here is a picture of the part number of one I got on eBay for £23 give or take a pound back in April its a Ford part that is genuine it lays over the original badge and sticks on but make sure you get it right first time cos it sticks like ***** to a blanket this is not one of the gel stickers it's a proper metal badge overlay good luck getting one Ford dealers want £50

Screenshot_20200808_164026_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fastfordninja said:

it lays over the original badge and sticks on but make sure you get it right first time cos it sticks like ***** to a blanket this is not one of the gel stickers...

Forgive me, but if it 'sticks' over the original badge, is this not the definition of  a 3D gel 'sticker'? 🤣

Yea sorry it does sound like the gel overlap but this one is made of like tin which covers the whole of the old badge hope this is abit clearer 😂

3 minutes ago, Fastfordninja said:

Yea sorry it does sound like the gel overlap but this one is made of like tin which covers the whole of the old badge hope this is abit clearer 😂

mmm... probably just me, my 'gel overlay' covered my original badge too, so I'm still confused. (However, not an unusual state for me to be in!) 😅

492048592_geloverlay.thumb.jpg.5caad2085fea46a5c47046fede9a6c72.jpg

41 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Forgive me, but if it 'sticks' over the original badge, is this not the definition of  a 3D gel 'sticker'? 🤣

Yea sorry this one fits directly over the old badge but this one is made of tin not the gel type 

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... probably just me, my 'gel overlay' covered my original badge too, so I'm still confused. (However, not an unusual state for me to be in!) 😅

Mine looks much the same but it's made if a pressed tin so looks like old original badge but no doubt in a couple of years it will do the same thing again once the weather and salt get stuck into it 🤣

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

It's the chrome outer edge that's failing on the rear badges.  Gel overlays only cover the blue inner part.

The Ford part linked above is the actual badge, it's not an overlay.  Plenty on eBay for around £30 but they will corrode and separate in exactly the same way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's the chrome outer edge that's failing on the rear badges.  Gel overlays only cover the blue inner part.

The Ford part linked above is the actual badge, it's not an overlay.  Plenty on eBay for around £30 but they will corrode and separate in exactly the same way.

Yea that was the same as mine the chrome outer edge but this is a genuine badge and completely covers the whole badge and sticks right over the whole badge and covers all of it so there's no need to take off the old badge ile try and send ya a pic over

Just now, Fastfordninja said:

Yea that was the same as mine the chrome outer edge but this is a genuine badge and completely covers the whole badge and sticks right over the whole badge and covers all of it so there's no need to take off the old badge ile try and send ya a pic over

That is the actual badge, it's not meant to be stuck over another one but won't do any harm fitting it like that. :smile:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That is the actual badge, it's not meant to be stuck over another one but won't do any harm fitting it like that. :smile:

Yea when I looked on utube how to replace the rear badge it showed the guy taking the back of the car to pieces I thought sod that and I found this and thought jobs a gooden 🤣

Screenshot_20200808_180518_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200808_180511_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Yeah ford used to replace them FOC and did so for about a year back in 2015/15 if my memory serves me correctly for mk3 Focus. A very common problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, Monks600 said:

Just had a look and they only cover the blue parts of the badge for me. It’s the silvers bits on the edge that are absolutely knackered. Good shout though!

The ones I got off eBay were a custom size as I needed the bigger ones (Titanium X) and so it covered the silver bit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club