Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Focus Sport leak

Davo0o

Ahoy. 

Good be on these forums again.  Was a member years and years ago.

However I am looking for a little help. I recently got hold of a 2011 Focus sport for really cheap . As in the car was about to go to auction but I snapped it off the customers hands first. ( I work in the motor trade)

Anyway they were getting rid of it due to the smell. Stinks of dampness. Have spent last week and have sourced a puddle under the carpet of the drivers footwell. But can't find where water is coming from. It's more in the central area of the footwell. Up behind pedals is dry.

What should I be checking?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Davo0o said:

Ahoy. 

Good be on these forums again.  Was a member years and years ago.

However I am looking for a little help. I recently got hold of a 2011 Focus sport for really cheap . As in the car was about to go to auction but I snapped it off the customers hands first. ( I work in the motor trade)

Anyway they were getting rid of it due to the smell. Stinks of dampness. Have spent last week and have sourced a puddle under the carpet of the drivers footwell. But can't find where water is coming from. It's more in the central area of the footwell. Up behind pedals is dry.

What should I be checking?

Thanks

Heater unit from the leaf screen outside due to poor pollen filter fitment

It's probably leaked onto the BCM (fuse box) under the glovebox as well so make sure that is OK too as the car will start to break down

Hi alot of common faults with the focus they do suffer alot of leaks check around the back seat area aswell because another fault is it leaks into the boot under spare wheel and then spills under back seat and runs right down into front footwell if you look on this sight you will find a bit about boot leak and it comes in from behind the back bumper there are 4 vents that are not sealed so the water runs down the back of the light cluster into a ingress around the boot under the back of the car tight in both corners you will find rubber gromits pull them out if ya get covered in water this could be another cause hope this helps 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club