Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake discs and pads

Alex walker

hi there ive just joined the owners club as I've not long bought a focus st mk3 and was wondering what you guys would recommend for brake discs and pads. The ones currently on the car look as if they have plenty of life left in them but whenever u put the foot down and as soon as u press the brake pedal they don't feel the best there quite loud  and vibrating from them just wondered if anyone has any thoughts thanks

You can try deglazing the pads and whilst doing that check the condition of the discs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vibration will be caused by runout in the disc, best option is to replace. 

• Like 2

Replace discs and pads, better to be safe than sorry.

When I got my MK3 ST the rear discs and pads were brand new, well not that many miles on them from what I could tell, but I was experiencing vibrating when breaking, just swapped them out and problem was solved.

Could be warped discs or the pads have ***** on them. Or, worth checking, wheel alignment.. that can cause weird breaking and vibrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

That's why I said to check if they were glazed first cos money could be saved but yes discs could be pooped. I noticed my rears do a weird shimmy on very hard breaking I really need to slow down 😂 

• Like 1

That's why I said to check if they were glazed first cos money could be saved but yes discs could be pooped. I noticed my rears do a weird shimmy on very hard breaking I really need to slow down [emoji23] 

Hahahahaha we always seem to cross paths with comments and your response make me laugh. ‘Weird shimmy on hard breaking’ absolutely brilliant! Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club