Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotten ac

F0CUE
聽Share

Got in the car a couple of days ago and upon starting I was presented with the smell of mould from the AC. I purchased the AC cleaner from Halfords but the smell still exists. I'm thinking it could be the pollen filter what do you think? It's a horrid smell it seemed to appear after all that rain was fine before that 馃

If you do one of them cleaner jobs then you are also supposed to change the filter as far as I know.

• Like 3

I would change the pollen filter if the smell persists.聽

• Like 2

Thanks eurocarparts has 45% off so just over 12 pounds so happy with that 馃榿

• Like 2

How the hell do you get the cover back on? It physically seems its doesn't fit.聽

Ha I just did mine today, have you got it the right way round?

Yeh the clip bits at the bottom it has a screw hole but the bit at the bottom is physically too far out for the thing to be screwed back then be flat against it. when I removed it it was wedged into the carpet behind the screwhole part. This is the part and I'm not sure it's correct聽AV6N-19D672-E.聽 And the AC still stinks 馃槶

Yes I had it the wrong way hahhaaha anyways the AC still smells like mouldy washing whats next steps? I have used both an ac cleaner and a new filter.聽

Are you sure it's the AC ? You said the smell appeared after heavy rain. Have you checked that your carpets are not damp anywhere.

I had a mouldy smell in mine a few months ago, and it was the carpet in the boot getting damp. I fixed the leak around the back lights with some sealant.

• Like 1

Yeh the smell only appears when the car is turned on and the fan blows out all carpets are bone dry.聽

Did you have the aircon on full blast when you used the aircon bomb in the car with re-circulate on. You may need to use another air con bomb thru the system for 15mins and see if it works better the 2nd time around. Always get stocked up with these from wilko when there 拢2.50p 馃槈

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/simoniz-150ml-air-con-refresh-spray/p/0450091

Yeh the instructions said to do full blast with recirculate for ten minutes it left its own smell when done but the mank smell comes first when fans are on. This is what was used->聽https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/air-con/stp-auto-air-con-cleaner-150ml-149876.html

I use wurth聽 air con spray, not cheap but does actually work. Comes with a long Flexi pipe that you shove in and spray down the vents

Use it once every 12 months. Get 2 goes out of a can .聽

• Like 1

Thanks yeah that is costly but if it works then I'll be happy 馃槉

OK done that and it still smells. Have came to the conclusion it might be the drain underneath cos my car is not peeing like it used to.聽

After 6 years it could need professionaly cleaning and checking over 聽. You can't do everything yourself ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club