Do Not Sell My Personal Information

diaphram

alan daniels

hi all have 2.5 s max 07 plate 86k on clock car has had diaphram replaced by previous owner 

what was the problem ? was told by friend at work common problem on these and he tells me to make sure car is warmed up before driving as if not dipstick can pop off anyone

has any advise i have always started car up waited minute then drove car conservately till its warmed up 

i never boot car from cold

since he told me this have warmed car up till temp gauge moves to first / then drive car as normal i dont thrash car as mature owner want to keep car at least 5yrs so gonna look after it

do open it up on dual carrigeway so its get good run only use bp ultimute fuel

thanks

It's the PCV (crankcase breather) diaphragm behind the oil filter cap that eventually wears out.  Originally you had to buy the whole new oil filter housing, but can now just buy an aftermarket diaphragm for around £15 and swap it in minutes. 

Not worth worrying about tbh.  It's good practice to drive any car carefully until it's warmed up, idling from cold causes more damage so I don't recommend that.  Unless you live on a dual carriageway, a few minutes of gentle town/village driving should warm it up safely before you come to any fast roads.

hi thanks for that i have always been advised to start car up then drive carefully till it warms up the car warms up quicker if its driven

the previous owner replaced the diaphragm so its been changed will go back to start car up and drive it till carefully till at operating temp

thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club