Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Seatbelt indication screen disabling?

Tom44

20200828_100333.thumb.jpg.733b1cd89950c12d341ebb4a7c8c39ab.jpg

Question is can this be disabled?

Believe these are now fitted as standard, haven't got a problem with the system its self, but the fact you have to press OK on the wheel before it goes is annoying, especially when it's only me in the car.

I have looked for options in the main menu for it but can't find any options for disabling this, anyone know anything about it, or if its possible to turn this little pop up window off?

realise this seems lazy, but its 1 unnecessary button press too many.

No. Maybe with Forscan but never tried.

If it is left it goes out after a minute or so anyway or just pressing ok doesn't take too much energy. 😆

• Haha 1

Welcome to the modern world of incredibly unneccesary tech. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mavroz said:

If it is left it goes out after a minute or so anyway 

Mine takes ages. I think I mentioned somewhere that when I first got the car we timed it at over 3 minutes. I just hit the ok button as part of my "pre-flight check" and disable start/stop at the same time.😀

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Welcome to the modern world of incredibly unneccesary tech. 

yeah... I don't mind them adding all this stuff, just give people the option to turn it off please! 😅

9 hours ago, Mavroz said:

No. Maybe with Forscan but never tried.

If it is left it goes out after a minute or so anyway or just pressing ok doesn't take too much energy. 😆

True, but still unnecessary. Though I've seen reports about breathalysers being added into cars in years to come, can't start it without a test kind of job by the look of it. That's going to be annoying when you want to move the car off the drive onto the road or something. We'll all be moaning about that then 🤣

EDIT: haven't ever noticed it go on its own though, must be too impatient for it.

Yeah mine takes ages to go too.

I know why it's there, it's cos the driver is legally responsible for passengers wearing seatbelts but 10 seconds is all you need.

I haven't carried a passenger in the last 2 years.  There should be a 'weird, single, loner' option to disable all except the drivers belt warning! :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Within the law it is only the drivers responsibility if passengers are under 16, above that it is the individual passengers responsibility.
I personally won't move a vehicle unless all passengers are belted up properly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

In some countries, it qualifies as a technical safety which will lower your registration tax for the vehicle.

Quite a silly function though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club