Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 MK2 focus 1.6 tdci 90 bhp

domsos

Had my engine done well i say my timing belt with water pump and tensioners and pulleys and whatever the mechanic said (i'm not mechanically minded) but in the end he said my 90 bhp turbo was/is wobbling/moving in the middle, so i'll have to get another one eventually, so i have been looking and there is 3 turbo's 90bhp which is mine, 100 bhp and 110 bhp.

So what i'm trying to say is, has anyone put the larger turbo in and does it fit with the inlet and outlet holes/ports and do i have to remapp it or what

Please help thanks

20200924_122241a.JPG

They use different types of turbo. The 90 BHP model uses a waste gated MHI TD025 turbo whilst the 110 BHP model comes fitted with a Garrett GT1544V turbo charger. It is possible but does require a remap there is wee guide attached on the procedure and it involves changing the injectors too but can see a gain upto 145.9 BHP and 290 Nm. 

GT1544V-turbo-110injector-upgrade-guide-1600HDI-TDCI-updated.pdf

Thanks F0CUE thats explains alot

• Like 1

What if i just change for a 110 bhp turbo with no injectors upgrade and no remap, will there be any difference like turbo lag and slight increase of power

18 hours ago, domsos said:

What if i just change for a 110 bhp turbo with no injectors upgrade and no remap, will there be any difference like turbo lag and slight increase of power

Hi, 

When I saw your first post; I was suspicious as some shops tend to join forums to ask such upgrade questions then come on as a respondent to boost there own sales; 

I was suspicious and didn't respond; but I see now your genuine and I apologize for not responding sooner, 

There are hybrid turbos available which would be a straight swap upgrade; but if I was you; I'd make efforts to go for the 110 turbo and injectors even second hand injectors, you would need a remap to add the actuator control for the upgrade is a  variable vain turbo.

Link: https://nbstyling.co.uk/product-category/products/crude-performance-diesel-tuning-range/page/2/ 

There's 90ps hybrid providing higher gains and if you scroll further through there's hybrid 110 get it up to 150bhp with injectors and tune; but the clutch would also need upgrade at that point soon there after.

• Like 2

Thank you BigLen for your honesty and info, i'm still unsure of what too do to get a little bit extra but on a tight budget, thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, domsos said:

Thank you BigLen for your honesty and info, i'm still unsure of what too do to get a little bit extra but on a tight budget, thanks

Fit another 90ps turbo and just get a remap on that.  You'll be looking at ~120bhp with very little outlay. 

Swapping to a VNT and adding 110 injectors and a bigger intercooler all costs a lot more for not much more power, and then you'll be risking the clutch as well...not worth it imo.  If you're young, it's worth checking if the insurers will let you remap and/or change turbo.  I got caught a few years back when I changed to a bigger turbo a few months after asking...but by that point the insurers changed their minds and decided not to cover it!  I'd already fitted it so just ran it undeclared, but I really don't condone that lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, domsos said:

I'd always go for a remap instead of a tuning box.  17bhp for £109 sounds like a terrible deal anyway lol.  I think Dervtech and SAWS tuning must be near you?  Worth asking them for quotes.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club