Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service cost

rick lloyd

Hi gents just had a price for a 2nd service 330 pounds sounds expensive to me

From who? And what does it include? Both those things dramatically alter the cost.

2 hours ago, rick lloyd said:

Hi gents just had a price for a 2nd service 330 pounds sounds expensive to me

Only 1 service in 5 years?

sounds expensive to me too, but depending on when the first service was done, and what they did they might have their work cut out.I remember helping to service a Cavalier years ago that hadn't been done for 5 years and the spark plugs wouldn't budge. Had to get someone to use a gas and air torch to heat things up to get them shifted. A lot of early Ford KA's that did low mileage had the same issue, drivers ignored service schedule because of ultra low mileage and plugs snap in the block when you try and remove them after a lot of years. There is a good chance that at a first service they didn't touch your plugs.

I'm not going to bring up the oil. Lets just hope low mileage doesn't knacker oil and that it miraculously does get hot enough to evaporate all condensation and do its job.

Good luck.

I bought a new courier sport 1.0 petrol in October on a 68 plate so 2 years old now ,first service was at 7000 miles and only have 11000 miles on it now ,dealer in penkrige ford and there saying its a major service now so filters oil and plugs ,330 pounds ,i dont pay that to service my vxr8

5 hours ago, rick lloyd said:

I bought a new courier sport 1.0 petrol in October on a 68 plate so 2 years old now ,first service was at 7000 miles and only have 11000 miles on it now ,dealer in penkrige ford and there saying its a major service now so filters oil and plugs ,330 pounds ,i dont pay that to service my vxr8

The oil and filters are changed every service anyway so changing the plugs ontop of that doesn't make it a major service lol.

Might just be easier to go elsewhere or do it yourself.

Plugs on the 1.0 EcoBoost are silly expensive which bumps up the major service price.  They're every 2 years/40k on the Courier - presumably as they're expected to work harder than a personal car.

The only other extra on a 2 year service is the air filter.

Brake fluid is recommended to be changed every 2 years so that may also be included in that quote but you'd have to check.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club