Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just heard from the police with the crime number.   I'm sad to say that they don't think I'll get the car back and have already closed the case.

25 years + since we last had a car stolen, luckily. We were told the same thing, then the car turned up a couple of days later. The same thing had happened 20 years before that also, the first time I had a car stolen!

As I understand it if the car moves without you in it then Thatchem immediately alert the police and track the vehicle whilst keeping the police informed as to its whereabouts.   Don't know anyone that's ever used one though or how it works.

7 hours ago, Bobr said:

If or when the replacement car comes it will be having two devices when left overnight.   The first is a device that locks the brake pedal to the steering wheel so that the car can't be started and the second is the device that locks onto the steering wheel so that it can't be turned.   Further to that, I've bought a box from Amazon that acts as a Faraday Cage and all of our car keys will be residing in that.

Sorry to hear about the theft Bob, lucky on the gap insurance though so hopefully the payout is hefty and your new car eases the crappiness of it all.

Do you have a link to this key cage you've seen on amazon? We have 2 keyless fords on the drive so might have to look into this..

17 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Sorry to hear about the theft Bob, lucky on the gap insurance though so hopefully the payout is hefty and your new car eases the crappiness of it all.

Do you have a link to this key cage you've seen on amazon? We have 2 keyless fords on the drive so might have to look into this..

Thanks Ben.   Here's the link.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W6SWPS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry to hear that bob, I hope you find it soon before any thing bad happens to it , here in Egypt they are in the process of implementing a radio frequency tag that is fitted to the windscreen, so in case a car is stolen the police can track it through sensors fitted everywhere on streets and stop lights to know its most recent location, I think for sure UK had a similar system long time ago, sure the police will find it soon😊😊 God be with you mate ❤️❤️

• Like 1

No thanks. I would rather have my car nicked.

Will keep an eye out, being local to Nottinghamshire. Will also check my dashcam from this morning to see if anything sticks out.

• Like 1

Just been looking at the Vignale edition and there's not that much difference in price between that and the Titanium X so, depending on insurance settlement, might go for that instead.   Anyone got one and, if so, I'd be interested in your experience.

4 hours ago, Bobr said:

Just been looking at the Vignale edition and there's not that much difference in price between that and the Titanium X so, depending on insurance settlement, might go for that instead.   Anyone got one and, if so, I'd be interested in your experience.

trims are different between UK and Egypt, but whatever the trim your going for avoid the sun roof , my friend got one and its giving him pain, at about 10k miles occasional squeaks and clicks, and very annoying wind noise on highway coming from the sun roof had started .

• Like 1

Mine has 11,500 miles on it and I am very happy with the sunroof. When closed, it can be heard on a blustery day at speed but I have not found it to be intrusive. I have encountered many fixed heads that are much worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

trims are different between UK and Egypt, but whatever the trim your going for avoid the sun roof , my friend got one and its giving him pain, at about 10k miles occasional squeaks and clicks, and very annoying wind noise on highway coming from the sun roof had started .

Thanks Ahmed.   I don't really like sunroofs anyway.   Have had problem with them before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Thanks Ahmed.   I don't really like sunroofs anyway.   Have had problem with them before.

The major extras the Vignale used to have over the Titanium X were the pan roof and the heated full leather seats and steering wheel. Only spotted recently that the roof is now an option on the Vignale, as with other models.

Personal preference as ever, but I've never been a big fan either, especially since climate control has been available.

Not just full leather but quilted as well, just like luxury loo roll! :biggrin: The ones on a the Focus Vignale look a bit boring... :sad:

Worth noting, if you go for one with a pan roof (no choice if buying used) you lose the glasses holder in the roof and I think the spare wheel as well?

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not just full leather but quilted as well, just like luxury loo roll! :biggrin: The ones on a the Focus Vignale look a bit boring... :sad:

Worth noting, if you go for one with a pan roof (no choice if buying used) you lose the glasses holder in the roof and I think the spare wheel as well?

Now you've done it Tom.   If I get the Vignale I'll always be thinking I'm sitting on loo roll. 😂  

I couldn't do without the spare wheel as the blow up kit uses pure latex.   My wife suffers from the Type 1 latex allergy and if she comes into contact with latex she goes into anaphylactic shock.   I wouldn't dare use it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I had my car 12 months before I noticed the glasses holder!😃 Yes, if you opt for the pan roof the factory spare wheel option is not available. It was originally thought this was because of the subwoofer in the wheel well but they've recently moved it to the side of the boot so it seems it was because of weight. Either way quite a few members have done their own thing and fitted a spare to pan roof equipped cars.

• Like 1

I'm one of them and can confirm that a full size one fits.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

I'm one of them and can confirm that a full size one fits.

Thanks Tom.   I won't be getting the 50 mph spare then; I'll buy a a proper wheel and have a tyre fitted.   It will, no doubt, have the puncture repair blow up kit so I'll make it available to anyone on here who might want it.

• Like 1

I bought the whole lot including the jack wheelbrace and foam for £95 new on eBay. Ford supply a 14" wheel for temp use about 175 section. Not sure about anything else but then you could always take a wheel off to try the fit, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

Ford supply a 14" wheel for temp use about 175 section. Not sure about anything else but then you could always take a wheel off to try the fit, I suppose.

I had one of those in the car that was stolen Tom.   I think it was about £150 and I might as well put that towards a proper wheel.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I had my car 12 months before I noticed the glasses holder!😃 

I wear wraparounds and they didn't fit in the MK2.5 Focus glasses holder for over 3 years...  

When I bought the MK3 I was really pleased they fitted in there!!

6 months later I bought the Golf, and they haven't fitted in there for the last 2 years either! :rolleyes:

Looks like the potential next car doesn't have a holder at all... :sad:

• Haha 1

Just had some very good news.   Spoke to the insurance assessor who offered my £10,800 which I was happy to accept.   The new car will now definitely be a Fiesta Vignale.

• Like 4

That is a very good settlement, Bob. I trust the ncb is protected, not that it is any of my business. Good hunting on the Vignale. I just paid a lot less than that for my Titanium Pan  roof at 11000 miles so a Vignale of that age is well within reach (and you'll love the sun roof:-).)

Thanks Tom, the NCB is protected.   I've spoken to my local Ford dealer and he said he might be able to find me one with just a couple of hundred miles one it.   He's going to get back to me.

Hi bob, glad all going well after the shock of having your car stolen

keep us informed of new car purchase, always good to know what 

you can get for your money!! and if you ever get any info on what happened

to your nicked one !!!!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club