Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Fiesta

Bobr

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

I was talking to the local police and some of the neighbors about it Steve.   Apparently there's a lot of cars being stolen at the moment and most are never being recovered.   There were two from this road on the night mine went (both 17 plate Fiesta Titaniums) and there were four from a neighboring estate a few nights later (all Fiestas).   The police seem to think that they are being stolen to order and shipped abroad.

Yes Bob, I think that's the case, stolen for abroad, I feel fed up to have to turn off the keyless entry in order to escape the possibility of it being stolen, I always liked not having to mess about looking for the keys.

Now I'm even thinking of a locking device for the steering wheel.  At this rate its going to be half an hour  from getting in the car, before I actually drive away 🙂

9 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Now I'm even thinking of a locking device for the steering wheel.  At this rate its going to be half an hour  from getting in the car, before I actually drive away 🙂

I keep my key in a Faraday pouch and the spare with my wife's in a Faraday box.   I also use a Disklok which I am very impressed with.   Once you are used to it, it only takes a few seconds to fit or remove.   I would certainly recommend it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

I keep my key in a Faraday pouch and the spare with my wife's in a Faraday box.   I also use a Disklok which I am very impressed with.   Once you are used to it, it only takes a few seconds to fit or remove.   I would certainly recommend it.

Thanks Bob,

Yes I had a keyless car before this so have got in the habit of using the Faraday pouch, but thanks for the steering lock recommendation, will check that out

At long last it's mine.   Got the log book this morning.😁

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats great, all the best Bob, hope you have better luck with this one 🙂

Thanks Steve.

Thought it says on V5C log book is registered keeper it isn't proof of ownership! just to throw spanner in works. The only proof of ownership is receipt from garage/person for car.

16 minutes ago, st line x 140 driver said:

Thought it says on V5C log book is registered keeper it isn't proof of ownership! just to throw spanner in works. The only proof of ownership is receipt from garage/person for car.

It's OK, I have one of those too.😁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bobr said:

It's OK, I have one of those too.😁

Hope its not one of those from supermarkets that fade/disappear over time.😉

• Haha 1

Was forced off the road on a bend yesterday so, for the first time, had a look at the recordings on the dash cam.   The one I bought was a Nextbase 322GW with the rear view attachment.   I was amazed at the clarity of both the front and rear cameras.   Quite easy to read registration plates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

Two screen shots from the dashcam - one front and one back.

back 1.jpg

front 1.jpg

That's very impressive, Bob!😃

I was certainly impressed Roger.   I had a Nextbase dashcam in the stolen car but things have certainly improved in the last couple of years.

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of three months ownership Ford are offering to sell me a warranty on this car.   I didn't know how much it would cost until today so I got in touch with Motoreasy.com for a quote.   They quoted £335 for the first year with me paying the first £50 of any claim.   They were a real pain bombarding me with emails and phone calls.

Spoke to Fords this morning and they offer a three year warranty for a little over £600 which is what I shall go for,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bobr said:

At the end of three months ownership Ford are offering to sell me a warranty on this car.   I didn't know how much it would cost until today so I got in touch with Motoreasy.com for a quote.   They quoted £335 for the first year with me paying the first £50 of any claim.   They were a real pain bombarding me with emails and phone calls.

Spoke to Fords this morning and they offer a three year warranty for a little over £600 which is what I shall go for,

Thats the same price I was quoted by Ford for their 3 year extended warranty, I also went for it too Bob.

Just now, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats the same price I was quoted by Ford for their 3 year extended warranty, I also went for it too Bob.

Seems very reasonable to me Steve; especially in light of the quote from Motoreasy which would amount to £1000  over three years.

Does the extended warranty cover all parts or is it very stripped down compared to the original manufacturer warranty?  

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Does the extended warranty cover all parts or is it very stripped down compared to the original manufacturer warranty?  

The guy I spoke to (the guy the sold me the car and who I would trust) said that It was the same as the second and third year of Ford's standard warranty Tom.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobr said:

The guy I spoke to (the guy the sold me the car and who I would trust) said that It was the same as the second and third year of Ford's standard warranty Tom.

That's good to know as I may be coming back to the fold myself.  Does sound like it's worth the cost. :smile: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

That's good to know as I may be coming back to the fold myself.  Does sound like it's worth the cost. :smile: 

Just looked it up on line ,Tom, and it includes just about everything except wear on clutch and brakes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bobr said:

Just looked it up on line ,Tom, and it includes just about everything except wear on clutch and brakes.

Thanks.  I guess the battery isn't covered?  Was surprised to hear VW cover 12v batteries in their standard 3 year warranty recently.  (Electric car batteries get an 8 year warranty).

If I do for a Mk4 Focus, I'm fairly sure the battery will need changing at some point from all the threads on here.

My wife has just qualified for Motability and she is looking at the Focus too.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree.  I will be buying within original warranty so just have to hope it fails before the first 3 years ends...knowing my luck it'll be the day after though! 

The extended warranty does seem to cover pretty much everything else as you say.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club