Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mystery vibration/ clunk noise in pedal worth taking to garage?

gloves

When my car is cold and i first set off, after i get into second and I'm releasing the clutch and putting on the accelerator I feel a vibration in the accelerator for a second or so. It doesn't happen after that unless i turn the engine off and back on, then its a bit different and i hear a small clunk noise (again coming from the accelerator pedal).

is this worth taking to the garage?

This is the exact same problem, i'm not mad..

On 10/18/2020 at 9:00 PM, gloves said:

then its a bit different and i hear a small clunk noise

I believe the ABS system does a self test whenever you start the car and then reach a certain speed (12mph?).

It only does it once (every start) and is normal, if the self test was to fail, I believe the ABS light on the dashboard would then light up

Does it on my car every single time I take it for a drive, sounds like a single clunking sound.

Is this what you could be describing/experiencing?

On 10/20/2020 at 6:43 AM, Carl123 said:

I believe the ABS system does a self test whenever you start the car and then reach a certain speed (12mph?).

It only does it once (every start) and is normal, if the self test was to fail, I believe the ABS light on the dashboard would then light up

Does it on my car every single time I take it for a drive, sounds like a single clunking sound.

Is this what you could be describing/experiencing?

Thanks for replying, I don't believe so as I can hear a different sound that sounds as you described. I took it to a garage and they said they couldn't find any issues. They did apparently tighten the drive shaft and I haven't heard it be as loud since so that may have been it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club