Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

And you don't even get that if you have the Astra Zeneca - 10 minutes in/out for me.

Bet your Mrs would be happy with just 5 mins. 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Cheeky!😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

mmm... 4 minutes more than usual 🤣 (Maybe that's just me LOL)

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... 4 minutes more than usual 🤣 (Maybe that's just me LOL)

Well you said you drove in then left straight after!! 

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, iantt said:

Going back to the topic - my Mrs had the jab (Astra Zeneca) on Tuesday and she really was only 5 minutes - a new record among people we know! No reactions in her case, either.

The brother in law had the same jab as me, on the same day, and that night had the mild "fluey" symptoms that a few of our friends reported.

Next day though, he had severe stomach pains, cramps, nausea, etc - all very like the symptoms suffered by the passengers and crew who had the fish in the movie "Airplane!" . (You can see where this is going......😀)

And yes, it turns out that the night of the jab he'd cooked some fish which had looked and smelt "a bit off" and still eaten it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Going back to the topic - my Mrs had the jab (Astra Zeneca) on Tuesday and she really was only 5 minutes - a new record among people we know! No reactions in her case, either.

The brother in law had the same jab as me, on the same day, and that night had the mild "fluey" symptoms that a few of our friends reported.

Next day though, he had severe stomach pains, cramps, nausea, etc - all very like the symptoms suffered by the passengers and crew who had the fish in the movie "Airplane!" . (You can see where this is going......😀)

And yes, it turns out that the night of the jab he'd cooked some fish which had looked and smelt "a bit off" and still eaten it!

My parents both got the vaccine and no side effects from them. My maternal grandad got it recently and had a temperature for 2 days and so did my paternal grandad. My gran got hers yesterday so seeing how it goes

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Surely you can't be serious!? 😮 

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

He is serious and don't call him Shirley. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Unfortunately I am!😀  In case you're wondering, no, his sister is nothing like him!

• Haha 1

anyone for an antigen test! looks like my partner brought a box full home for some reason. 

20210224_171011.jpg

• Like 1

Our local NHS have been carrying out mass vaccinations over the last few weekends, obviously starting with the most vulnerable groups.

This weekend coming is for 50-64 year olds who are classed as 'high risk' so, as someone who has MS and fits the age group, I'm in the queue at 11am 👍

Just need to get the 'Vaccine Passports' sorted and we could all start getting back to some sort of normality. 

2 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Our local NHS have been carrying out mass vaccinations over the last few weekends, obviously starting with the most vulnerable groups.

This weekend coming is for 50-64 year olds who are classed as 'high risk' so, as someone who has MS and fits the age group, I'm in the queue at 11am 👍

Just need to get the 'Vaccine Passports' sorted and we could all start getting back to some sort of normality. 

Lad at work had his jab yesterday and he in the 50-64 high risk group. Initially was ok until he got home then felt unwell for around 3 hrs then fine again . Back at work today ok. 

4 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I got mine almost 2 weeks ago, and TBH, would be very opposed to a 'passport'. Once the 'vulnerable' are protected, we shouldn't need a government sponsored system imposed on us. Even my 'shielding' letter I got last year I didn't really need, being 'vulnerable' I am quite capable of assessing my own personal risk without a nanny state...

21 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I got mine almost 2 weeks ago, and TBH, would be very opposed to a 'passport'. Once the 'vulnerable' are protected, we shouldn't need a government sponsored system imposed on us. Even my 'shielding' letter I got last year I didn't really need, being 'vulnerable' I am quite capable of assessing my own personal risk without a nanny state...

The passports are more being considered because other countries could require proof of vaccine for entry. The UK has been opposed to them as it discriminates against people who can’t be vaccinated, but if we want to travel at some point in the future there might be no choice but to introduce them. 

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The passports are more being considered because other countries could require proof of vaccine for entry.

No problem with that whatsoever, other countries have every right to vet folk coming in to them. There are loads of countries for decades that won't permit entry unless you have the proper vaccination certificates for whatever they specify.

There's a lot of discussion in our workplace over how to deal with the unvaccinated, once the office opens up again.  To be fair the discussion is as much about how to protect them as the rest of us.

53 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Totally get what you're saying, but if your favourite, privately owned pub/cafe/cinema/airline etc etc insisted, would you be more inclined? 

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Totally get what you're saying, but if your favourite, privately owned pub/cafe/cinema/airline etc etc insisted, would you be more inclined? 

Aahhh, I see the issue, I am basically anti social so none of those establishments would bother me if I never went to one again 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Missus has just booked hers.  She's 46 but has a history of asthma so likely that's why.

• Like 1

Chatting to my aunt (85) on the phone to see how she went on. She's only just had the jab (Astra Zeneca) because at the time of her original scheduled appointment she was in hospital with coronavirus! Feared that was it, but she pulled round and was back home far quicker than we expected. Thought they might have vaccinated her while she was in, but she went to the local health centre.

Anyway, she had the very mild "fluey" sensations the night of her jab but was fine next morning. And when I spoke to her she'd just been out for "a little walk" which, when I asked where she'd been, turned out to be over 4 miles! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marty... said:

My turn next week

Prepare for a long nap the day after! LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up 👍

I hope the situation improves soon.

Marty

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club