Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

1 minute ago, mokes said:

I see plenty of maskless shoppers. I think they should have special shopping hours, like OAPs.

Just curious, what hour would you select? By very definition, 'OAPs' are retired from work and can in theory shop at whatever time suits. Someone who doesn't wear a mask can be of any age, and work in any industry involving various shift work which would limit their availability for a specific 'hour'...

3 minutes ago, mokes said:

Ooh, I dont know? It would be their choice really.

Admit it buddy, you never thought that through! 🤣 So, you let anyone that doesn't wear a mask choose their own shopping hour - they do that already!

1 minute ago, mokes said:

As an advocate of personal choice, you should understand that I could never suggest telling anyone else what to do.

16 minutes ago, mokes said:

I think they should have special shopping hours, like OAPs.

Then, why suggest it? LOL 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Then, why suggest it? LOL 🤣

I think you got him ha ha 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mokes said:

How?

Work it out for yourself, that’s all I’m saying👍

• Like 1

I will have the vaccine when offered,my mum just had the oxford one and was a bit iffy for a day she is 94.

12 minutes ago, Marty... said:

I will have the vaccine when offered,my mum just had the oxford one and was a bit iffy for a day she is 94.

A GP administered a vaccine to my mother last Friday at her home because she has mobility issues and appears to be fine👍

• Like 1

We only queued for 10 mins,mum in wheelchair for ease,very quick, a few questions about allergies and recent vaccinations if any and 0.5ml later we was on our way job done.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mokes said:

Because that always happens when you dont wear a mask doesn't it? Just imagine, all those exempt people are definitely going to catch it aren't they?

That depends if the maskless few only go out after 10pm 😉

36 minutes ago, mokes said:

Because that always happens when you dont wear a mask doesn't it? Just imagine, all those exempt people are definitely going to catch it aren't they?

Absolutely 

Sorry but my answer is " So what?"

There's collateral damage with all vaccines. None are 100% safe or effective.Even the annual flu jab takes prisoners. This is still the best way out of this mess for the Billions of people who won't get side effects.

• Like 2

My vaccination appointment is this Friday, never been so excited over an injection in my life, can't wait!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

My vaccination appointment is this Friday, never been so excited over an injection in my life, can't wait!

LIterally just about to set off for mine! Only got the notification noon yesterday by text, so very prompt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

LIterally just about to set off for mine! Only got the notification noon yesterday by text, so very prompt.

i wonder how that will work when we get the old ones who dont work out the way and into those of working age. no good giving me a text apointment for the next day . normally need quite a bit of notice to  have holiday or time off booked off. employers will have to be a bit flexible over this. 

22 minutes ago, iantt said:

i wonder how that will work when we get the old ones who dont work out the way and into those of working age. ...

Ian, I'm sure you will be able to access a 'flexible' appointment. Mum in her 80s was phoned and was able to select a date/time. I got the following and went online to arrange mine at a time to suit.

254124960_covidtext.thumb.png.53c7d8aec11d0247539b9fe978579c2f.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iantt said:

i wonder how that will work when we get the old ones who dont work out the way and into those of working age. no good giving me a text apointment for the next day . normally need quite a bit of notice to  have holiday or time off booked off. employers will have to be a bit flexible over this. 

You can book your own appointment online now. 

Over 70's are being urged to book theirs instead of waiting to be contacted this week.

Well, just got back from the vaccination centre which is situated opposite my local Tesco, about 2.5 miles away, so I walked there and back for my permitted exercise.

Very impressed with the process, in and out in 10 minutes. I was told the 15 minutes waiting period after the jab, which I'd been expecting, only applied to the Pfizer. I had the Astra Zeneca, so straight out.

Great atmosphere at the centre. Everyone - brilliant staff and volunteers and patients - were absolutely buzzing.

Can't see anyone would have too much difficulty finding a suitable appointment. They're in 10 minute slots over most days and it's your choice when you go, not theirs. The text just tells you that you are now eligible and includes a link to the booking site. I went next day because I could and just wanted to get on with it. After nearly a year of hiding from the virus I feel as if I've now actually taken a positive action against it for the first time!😃

• Like 3

Isn't it wonderful that this thread was started barely 3 months ago when 'the vaccine' was still being talked about, and now we are in the process of actually rolling it out. 😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Isn't it wonderful that this thread was started barely 3 months ago when 'the vaccine' was still being talked about, and now we are in the process of actually rolling it out. 😄

Absolutely brilliant imo!👍

Not entering the "debate" but for info, my inlaws and my mum have had it.  Took my mum to Stoneleigh on Saturday, yes, in and out in 10 minutes.

Inlaws had no side effects, Mum had a sort of 5 minute hot flush the next day but was fine after and since.

6 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Not entering the "debate" but for info, my inlaws and my mum have had it.  Took my mum to Stoneleigh on Saturday, yes, in and out in 10 minutes.

Inlaws had no side effects, Mum had a sort of 5 minute hot flush the next day but was fine after and since.

Likewise, so  just for info.

I'm waiting to see what happens in my case. Lots of friends/relations aged late 60s upwards have now had a vaccination.  Most have had no reaction at all, the odd comment about aches/tiredness but that's pretty normal when you're getting on a bit anyway😃, so hard to tell, really.

Only fairly significant reaction I've heard of was one of my closest friends (70) who was floored by it for a day or so - like a bout of flu. However, he has, against all the odds, survived 3 rare forms of cancer over the last 20 years and has had so much chemo, radiotherapy, etc that his immune system is absolutely shot. So, of all people, I feared he may have the worst reaction. Fortunately even he is now feeling much better after a couple of days taking it easy.

I've been wondering if there might be different reactions to one or other vaccine, but people I know have been fairly evenly split between Pfizer and Astra Zeneca with no sign of a pattern either way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've been wondering if there might be different reactions to one or other vaccine, but people I know have been fairly evenly split between Pfizer and Astra Zeneca with no sign of a pattern either way.

I don't know about the different vaccines but I spoke with my mothers doctor when he give the jab to her and he said that older people have less of a reaction to the Covid jab. He was doing all the housebound ones in my area. 

My mother will be older than anyone reading this and she did not have any reaction. 

5 hours ago, iantt said:

Doesn't your employer allow time off for medical appointments? 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Doesn't your employer allow time off for medical appointments? 

Yeah, as long as you pre warn in advance. 

But I tend to do as I please and ignore the moaning, not that they say to my face . They dare not as both the bosses have had the wrath of my not so nice side and are wary of me now😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Don't anyone get on Ian's bad side!

You might come home to find a cylinder head in your bed... 😮

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club