Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

I had the astra zenica vaccine 8.30am,glad to report no side effects at all.

:biggrin:

Just heard on the news that the UK reached an all time record of peaking at 27 vaccinations/second, and almost 900,000 in one day. What an amazing achievement!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Marty... said:

That was quick having the second one. Oh, duplicate posts.😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

What an amazing achievement!

It certainly is! Meanwhile our "friends and partners" across the Channel seem determined to dig themselves deeper into a hole.😀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It certainly is! Meanwhile our "friends and partners" across the Channel seem determined to dig themselves deeper into a hole.😀

Yep, France, Poland, Germany & Italy now all increasing into the 'lockdown' hole. If only there had been a way to avoid that... You know, like not suspending the use of a vaccine, scaring their citizens of it's use, then wondering why when it's been re-introduced, their population doesn't want it.

• Like 3

Mum had hers done yesterday...no ill effects as far as I know.  Another relative did have a reaction to it though, bad flu type symptoms, I wonder if he'd previously had the virus and not known.

Apparently it was another record breaking day yesterday...but that's a bit like it being 'the hottest day of the year' every other day for 3 months of spring... :biggrin:

Lad at work had his first jab. Been suffering quite badly with headaches,shivers, aches and pains etc for 6 days.nearly over it now.  My partner said  5 of her nursing team had second jab after having first with no effects. 2nd one wiped them all out, off I'll with swollen lymph nodes under arms size of orange,  reaction came on within 30 mins but after the 15 mins waiting period after jab. One said if she didn't have an automatic car to drive home she wouldn't have managed to drive home. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

reaction came on within 30 mins but after the 15 mins waiting period after jab.

Sorry to hear about those reactions Ian. Which jab was that - from what I've seen and heard so far the 15 minutes wait only applies to Pfizer?

Now here's a funny one. My Mrs went deaf in one ear, doctor found it to be a build up of wax, and told her to use eardrops for a couple of weeks and go for a syringing if it didn't clear up.

We didn't think much about it (common enough problem) but then heard the doctor on Radio 2 saying she'd seen a big increase in earwax in people who'd had a jab. Could be coincidence or possibly a minor side effect?

Mrs's seems to be clearing up now, after using drops as advised.

• Like 1

I've just had my jab at 10am.

It's my birthday and all the NHS staff sang happy birthday to me.  Made my day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've just had my jab at 10am.

It's my birthday and all the NHS staff sang happy birthday to me.  Made my day.

Good job they didn't give you birthdays beats...especially in the same arm! :biggrin:

My Nan had a medical app't on her birthday a few years ago.  The receptionist went out and got her a bunch of flowers while she was being seen!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:38 PM, pragmatix said:

The Oxford one maybe but not the phizer one

The Astra Zeneca Vaccine? Read an article somewhere that it's not as effective in fighting off new strains of COVID19 such as the UK and South African strain.

8 minutes ago, hascrate said:

The Astra Zeneca Vaccine? Read an article somewhere that it's not as effective in fighting off new strains of COVID19 such as the UK and South African strain.

Amazing how we all became medical experts in the last few months! LOL🤣 Don't remember any of this public debate on the flu vaccine which I've been taking for 20 odd years...

13 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Amazing how we all became medical experts in the last few months! LOL🤣 Don't remember any of this public debate on the flu vaccine which I've been taking for 20 odd years...

I've wondered if this is partly a generational thing...  

Having been given some awful medical advice in the past I always do as much research as I can online as well now.

My Great Aunt and Nan will believe absolutely everything a Doctor tells them without question!! :unsure:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Having been misdiagnosed myself with a condition years ago, I too subsequently question every medical decision made on me. Recently I refused chemo, weighing up the pros & cons on myself, my mum's generation would never have done that as you're right, they accepted every Dr advice as gospel!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Having been given some awful medical advice in the past I always do as much research as I can online as well now.

My Great Aunt and Nan will believe absolutely everything a Doctor tells them without question!! :unsure:

My Mum was always very deferential to doctors and would just take loads of stuff as you say. This led to her being rushed into hospital on two occasions as her doctor had miscalculated the effects of the various medicines on each other. In the end I went to see her GP and threatened him with a formal complaint if it happened again!

I think it's possibly life experience and/or personality as much as generational. My Dad was a lot more keen to know the ins and outs of things, possibly because he'd had to make literally life or death decisions in his Army service. I was used to weighing up advice from various other professionals at work and making my own judgements and decisions. I treat medical advice in much the same way (though I should add that I have a lot of respect for my own GP). 

Clearly if you are at deaths door in A&E you have to go with what's on offer, but under other circumstances I always ask lots of questions and get a second opinion and/or do further research if I feel it necessary. So (to get back on topic) by the time my turn for vaccine came up I was pretty confident that taking it was the right thing to do.

I don't do my research on Facebook and Twitter, though!😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hascrate said:

Just remember both of the vaccines are still on trial till 2023, so no repercussions to the government or manufacturers if the go wrong or don't work.

20 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

... so no repercussions to the government or manufacturers if the go wrong or don't work.

In the same way that all vaccines have immunity from prosecution, including the annual flu one that I and millions of others take.

18 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Just remember both of the vaccines are still on trial till 2023, so no repercussions to the government or manufacturers if the go wrong or don't work.

True.

9 minutes ago, hascrate said:

True.

In the same way that all vaccines have immunity from prosecution, including the annual flu one that I and millions of others take.

Oh, I already said that LOL

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Oh, I already said that LOL

Just been zapped with the AZ vaccine 👍

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Just been zapped with the AZ vaccine 👍

According to various press reports today, AZ's decision to supply the vaccine at cost has lost them an estimated £21 billion in potential profit.

It's sad to see the way they've been rewarded for this generous humanitarian act in certain quarters. One of their senior executives is quoted as saying today "we won't do it again" - don't blame them!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

According to various press reports today, AZ's decision to supply the vaccine at cost has lost them an estimated £21 billion in potential profit.

It's sad to see the way they've been rewarded for this generous humanitarian act in certain quarters. One of their senior executives is quoted as saying today "we won't do it again" - don't blame them!

Yes this vaccine business in not straight forward.I think we should at least invest in more capacity so we can turn on the taps if needed👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Yes this vaccine business in not straight forward.I think we should at least invest in more capacity so we can turn on the taps if needed👍

It's certainly a very complex business with lengthy supply chains across the globe. I only realised recently that one of the key components of the Pfizer vaccine is actually produced in the UK by Croda, whose HQ is only a few miles from where I live. Might be one of the reasons why our "friends and partners" have backed away from an all-out export ban - like most things it cuts both ways.

Government have already invested vast sums so far, with more to come, as mentioned here for example.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14406052/boris-johnson-ramp-up-uk-vaccine-production/

No doubt we'll all end up paying for it one way or another, but in this situation I don't mind at all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamweb said:

I think we need to call in the professionals....

breaking-bad_640x480.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club