Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting phone via Bluetooth to MK2 focus Sony stereo

Pat123

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have tried connecting my phone to my Sony stereo on MK2 focus. I turned stereo on, pressed 'phone' and it just said 'audio muted' and if I pressed 'menu' or any other button, nothing. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Does the car have bluetooth at all ?

Back in the days bluetooth was an optional extra and not fitted as standard.

Determining whether the car has bluetooth or not is pretty simple. Bluetooth was combined with Voicecontrol. On a Focus MK/MK2.5 with Bluetooth/Voicecontrol the radio stalk at the steering column has an extra "VOICE" button to activate the Voicecontrol function. 

If the radio stalk at the steering column does not have the "VOICE" button the car does not have Bluetooth.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have a similar car. 2006 MK2 GHIA focus.

I have been using voice control for bluetooth calls. My question is: is music playback also possible with the bluetooth? If so, how do I activate it/use it? 

Can’t seem to get music to come through on BT. 

21 minutes ago, NBC said:

Hi, I have a similar car. 2006 MK2 GHIA focus.

I have been using voice control for Bluetooth calls. My question is: is music playback also possible with the Bluetooth? If so, how do I activate it/use it? 

Can’t seem to get music to come through on BT. 

This gets asked all the time. The bluetooth module fitted from factory doesn't support bluetooth music. I like to compare it to the phone that was released at the time of the cars manufacture date. So in 2006 the iPhone didn't even exist.

• Like 1

A 2006 Focus Mk2 has the (optional on most trim levels) 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

bluetooth Audio is one of the features of the Sound & Connect system which is based on the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Since audio systems, Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules and wiring of the 1st and 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol systems are different it is not possible to add bluetooth Audio on a 1st generation system. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club