Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf problem

Jon cox

Can anyone give me advice on a dpf problem. I've had an ongoing issue with a dpf issue I have a 08 plate 1.6 tdci focus the engine malfunction warning light came on went to garage dpf code had it regenerated was ok for a few days drove on M1  reached a speed light came back on and speed was limited took back to garage and had pressure and exhaust temperature sensor replacement and regenerated again. Used Shell diesel no issues running low on diesel so topped up with supermarket fuel went back on M1 same issue dpf code could the problem be cheap diesel as there is no problems with flow through the exhaust so there seems to be no issues within the dpf and revs fine in neutral when light is on starting to cost a lot of money any advice welcome

What's the exact DPF code?  Eolys fluid could be empty.  DPF itself could be getting full of ash by now as well, flow rates need to be tested under load, not just stationary.

I found supermarket diesel to cause a bit more soot, so more regens, but it shouldn't be bad enough to cause the malfunction warning and limp mode.

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What's the exact DPF code?  Eolys fluid could be empty.  DPF itself could be getting full of ash by now as well, flow rates need to be tested under load, not just stationary.

I found supermarket diesel to cause a bit more soot, so more regens, but it shouldn't be bad enough to cause the malfunction warning and limp mode.

P242f dpf restriction ash accumulation

Error code is p242f dpf restriction ash accumulation 

17 minutes ago, Jon cox said:

Error code is p242f dpf restriction ash accumulation 

DPF probably is genuinely getting full of ash by now. You either need to replace it or have it removed and professionally cleaned.

Ash particles are left behind after burning soot (regeneration) and are too large to fit through the DPF core so there's no other way of removing them.

• Like 1

I believe that doing more than a couple of forced regens is also not good for the dpf? So would avoid trying that again. If you do have it stripped and cleaned, make sure you get A certificate of proof that the dpf was cut open for A clean. Otherwise at the next MOT they could fail it as will look like the dpf has been removed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club