Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standard To Projector Headlights

StumpyByrne

Hello 

I have a 2010 Fiesta MK7 1.25 EGDE with the standard halogen non-projector headlights, is the projector headlights from the Titanium and Zetec S a straight swap and plug and play?

Thanks

No they're not plug and play. You need the self-levelling mechanism wiring in and washer jets installing.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

No they're not plug and play. You need the self-levelling mechanism wiring in and washer jets installing.

You will need them if HID are installed. If projector lights fitted standard halogens then you don't need extra things. The facelifted mk7 were fitted with Halogens (according to my brochure). The headlights should fit, however I have no idea if the plug/sockets are the same. Did the early Mk7s have HID/Xenons?

I just assumed the OP would be fitting xenons. There's little gain to be had after spending all that money on projector headlamps to fit crappy halogens.

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

You will need them if HID are installed. If projector lights fitted standard halogens then you don't need extra things. The facelifted mk7 were fitted with Halogens (according to my brochure). The headlights should fit, however I have no idea if the plug/sockets are the same. Did the early Mk7s have HID/Xenons?

Having got a facelift I can confirm they are halogen projectors, that being said they still make the light from the halogen go further, also a projector style makes an LED conversation less dangerous for other road users, but unless the pre facelift had DRLs then the facelift unit won't work

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I just assumed the OP would be fitting xenons. There's little gain to be had after spending all that money on projector headlamps to fit crappy halogens.

Hi, im not fitting xenons, i have a cracked lens on drivers headlight and my friend has put aftermarket headlights in his ZSand has his standard halogen projectors in his garage, i prefer the look of the projectors compared to my lights tbh. maybe HID's in the near future, 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club