Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossover pipe induction kit fiesta mk7 1.0T ecoboost advice

Mrtrana

Hi everyone, 

Ive got a few mods to my vehicle. I have the mountune airbox, primary and secondary hoses. I have the original OEM plastic crossover pipe still in place. I was looking at the airtec pipe. I was just curious if changing to an aluminium pipe would increase heatsoak of the air passing through that pipe? I know it increases airflow but I read a few forums people saying heatsoak can occur in hoses which is why silicone is good. Im looking to remap the car at some point. Thanks

I’ve never had a problem with heat soak when I was running big power in my mk2 focus st with airtec crossover, and we all know how hot they run lol  and with the 1.0 I can’t see a problem, I’ve never heard anyone mention heat soak with there pipes. And thinking about it I’ve never given it much thought really, just to add I’m running the crossover on my 1.0 and seems all ok 👌 

• Thanks 1

Yeah i didn't think it would be such an issue in a small 1litre. Im probably just over thinking it lol. The things I read were actually about bigger sports cars. Guess ill be buying the crossover this weekend 🙂

Thanks for the advice 

• Like 1

Turbo on the 1.0 eco is at the front of the engine and so main heat will be from the engine that would effect the crossover pipe, unlike the ST which is directly below the crossover. If you are that worried you can use either manifold/exhaust tape or that gold heat tape (don't get the cheap stuff from fleabay) but like Kenny said, probably not that much issue on 1.0. I'm running one with silicon hoses and don't think I'm having any issues. Main heat soak problems for 1.0 eco come from fitting an open cone without good air flow from outside or heat shield as the turbo is so close but you are running a closed mountune air box so should be OK.

• Thanks 1

I did see that gold tape. Didn't know if it was any good. I might look into that, but like you said I've got a closed air box so it should be ok. Appreciate your advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to fit the crossover pipe. It's a nice addition to the engine bay. Can't say I can notice any significant difference which was expected as its not remapped yet. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club