Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vignale - free car wash

simps100

Hey all

When I bought my focus vignale in July last year it was sold with a free monthly car wash - but due to Covid they’ve not been doing these apparently.

I know it’s really minor in the scheme of things but a monthly decent car wash does add up - has anyone managed to get theirs clean / vouchers or something towards having it done elsewhere?

It seems to be a quite secret perk not very widely advertised and not found much elsewhere!

I wouldnt put any faith into a car dealership washing your car. 

Hardly going going to take the time and effort to do it properly and could be more trouble than it's worth if washed incorrectly.

• Like 1

Just curious, was this a 'dealer' offer, or a 'Ford' offer?

Unlimited free car wash (exterior only) was a Ford offer (at least it was in the Netherlands) for all Vignale owners.

In the Netherlands the unlimited free car wash was discontinued some time ago just like most other benefits that Vignale owners had. 

• Like 2

If I remember correctly this was an extra incentive for buying a vignale. They were entitled to a free wash (I think at my place they get full valets on services if the customer wants it). 

Obviously with Covid it's whatever the dealer says goes and won't get vouchers for free washes or anything elsewhere as it is Ford/dealer specific. 

Like JW1982 says above I think its discontinued in the UK as well. (Not sure if people who had the benefit before still get it now or not). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

Obviously with Covid it's whatever the dealer says goes

What an absolute disgusting cop out on behalf of Ford! How dare they withdraw this offer because of 'covid'. Washing the outside of a car is not against any guidelines. They should be hanging their head in shame at abusing their commitment because of this made up excuse!

Ford don't own the garages they're franchises owned by other companies... Therefore I don't think Ford have any say in the matter. Also most of the time the valeting team are seperate sub contractors who again set their own rules so there's a lot of hurdles to jump through here

2 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

so there's a lot of hurdles to jump through here

No hurdles whatsoever! They should just get on with the job as promised. Bl**dy disgrace at weaseling out for no reason, no matter who is supposedly responsible.

In fairness, someone also has to drive the car around to the valetting area if it's done at Ford garages.

Wino is right though, the piano black trim on the door pillars and tailgate was already ruined and full of swirls on my brand new one!  :sad:

• Sad 2

Good point about how good of a job they would do tbf, that said it’s always looked pretty good after a service at my dealer.

I got the car in July last year - tried to book the first one in September, after lots of going back and forwards (I think I must have been the first to try book it in!) it eventually turned out it’s the service department who you book it in with but that’s when they said no due to Covid!

Wouldnt surprise me if it’s discontinued it seemed to be pretty hard to find it anywhere in writing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club