Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mrs don’t understand HELP

Darren sharratt

I’ve a Ford Focus 109 2008 1.6tdci .

oil Changed every 6K .

1 previous owner and ford full history from new and only 49k when I brought nearly 3 years ago .

Now on 80k but with a few expenses since ownership

New battery , alternator , DPF filer last month . EGR valve and today angle sensor and steering sensor but now found out it’s power steering pump .

wife can’t understand that the issue can’t be fixed with having to replace other parts first to find the issue.

I told her brings up fault codes but can relate rrp a number of probs causing the issue. She can’t understand if they replace a part and it don’t work I shouldn’t be charged because the old parts were obviously fine before.

I explained modern cars are run by computers but still can’t get through to her 

Have you tried mansplaining it? :biggrin:

She is right though...sensors can often be tested to save replacing things randomly.  Sadly modern mechanic's are more often 'fitters'.  Of course the other issue is labour, it can cost more to spend an hour diagnosing something than to spend 15 minutes swapping a sensor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A car should not be a "parts canon", try finding a tech that can actually diagnose rather than just look at a code and replace a part, any monkey can do that!

DPF and EGR will be doing too many slow round town journeys...

a tractor is for taking 32t of goods 500 miles at 56mph - because your halfwit government closed the railway lines and don't stop tesco trashing the planet

a petrol engine without a turbo is better round town, if you can't afford a corsa E

• Confused 2

You just stop telling her and once bought nothing can be done 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club