Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White tank in 2012 KA

GeeWhiz

Hi everyone, 

I have come to this forum to figure out what the white tank is in my partners KA. Its separate to the brake fluid, and is located top right of the engine bay. The manual appears to be an older or new engine bay and doesn't accurately reflect the engine. 

Hi, a picture of the mystery tank might help, but I would think you are probably looking at the coolant expansion tank, which will have 'Min' - 'Max' lines on the side of it.

• Like 1

Attached. I think it's engine coolant and then the water one is at the front is for the fan 

Snapchat-1248391435.jpg

Brake Fluid.

2 hours ago, unofix said:

image.thumb.png.fe9528c93aa843041a1cc98cce3eba10.png

Na, there's a separate resivour that states break fluid. I think it's engine coolant. 

1 minute ago, GeeWhiz said:

Na, there's a separate resivour that states break fluid. I think it's engine coolant. 

Scratch that. I didnt notice that it says dot4 fluid until I zoomed in on the cap. Why does the vehicle have two break fluid resivours then? 

It may be Clutch Fluid. Some cars that have Hydraulic  Clutch's have a separate reservoir which is usually quite small compared to the Brake one.

One is Brakes the other is Power Steering. 

The one in your photo is Brakes - clue is it is attached to the brake servo. 

Can you post a photo of your whole engine bay?  The pictures posted so far are the old 'Ford' Ka.  Yours should be the rebadged Fiat 500 - which I think does have a tiny clutch reservoir on the drivers side.

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can you post a photo of your whole engine bay?  The pictures posted so far are the old 'Ford' Ka.  Yours should be the rebadged Fiat 500 - which I think does have a tiny clutch reservoir on the drivers side.

Yeah, I'll get one later. Currently at work, so expect one around 5:30pm GMT 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, GeeWhiz said:

Photo attached

20210608_183039.jpg

Ps, this isn't ours as girlfriend was being a butt about taking a photo of her engine 😅

But it has the same two back resivours

• Like 1

I know it's a small engine but never understood how there's so much space in a Ka bay, there's less in a Focus or Golf bay! :biggrin:

That's definitely a clutch reservoir on the left and brake on the right though (as we're looking at it). :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers all. I've appreciated your help these couple of days! I'll know what's needed in those now if the partners resivours need topping. 

I'm afraid that I drive an Abarth 595 Comp, so you'll probably never see me again! Just like a disappearing act, haha

It says on the cap, DOT4, surely that's brake fluid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club