Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Fiesta Titanium Exhaust System

wilkinson

Exhaust system started to become a bit noisy this afternoon. Sounds very raucous and sporty but clearly now has a leak somewhere.  Anybody had a new original exhaust system lately and if so how much are we talking about.  Could be a manifold gasket I suppose. Will have to have a good look at it tomorrow. Are there any know issues with the exhaust system on these Fiestas.  Only done about 26,000 miles but 7 years old so perhaps I can't complain.

Hi Rob, just a couple of points to note. You can't fit a factory orginal exhaust to the car as they are made in one piece and fitted before the car is fully built. You can of course get a full Ford replacment system but that would include the catalytic converter (loads of money).

The best course of action is to take the car to a decent garage (not those people who are quick if you know what I mean) and get the part of the system replaced that has the leak. The garage will saw through the exhaust and fit the replacment section thats needed.

2 hours ago, wilkinson said:

Only done about 26,000 miles but 7 years old so perhaps I can't complain.

That's the problem with low mileage cars unfortunately. Usually means the car has only been used for short journeys and therefore just builds up condensation rather than getting hot enough to evaporate it all. You only have to look at a few cars around town before you see one with water pouring out of them when setting off.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info on the exhaust system. Noticed on parts website that original ford replacement includes cat which puts up the price.  I would imagine a Ford garage might have to drop the suspension to feed a one piece system through.  Anyway the car is booked in to my reliable independent motor engineer on Monday to see what's what. Car is only used for short trips by my wife although it has a good run now and again. Yes I'm aware that short journeys cause a build up of condensation and problems are to be expected.  Approaching 80 years of age now and too old to tackle under car jobs.

Thanks again,

Rob

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club